Prayers for my father...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Quick update.

He is out of surgery and out of the ICU, in a regular room in the hospital.

The took him back for surgery at 8:40am wednesday, and he got out of surgery at 4:20pm. 7 hours total.

Overall, although it was more extensive than they expected, they said he tolerated the surgery better than expected; especially considering his low strength going in. They did have to do more than a complete blood exchange.

The expectation was to be in ICU for two days; he was able to leave the ICU and move to a regular room yesterday after only one day in ICU. There is still 7-10 days - expected - ahead in the hospital.

We were able to get to the city and visit him on Saturday, he honestly looked a lot better than he did before; there was color in his face and he seemed more alert, despite still being a little under the influence of the pain meds. He still has a long ways to go, but seems positive now.

Thanks again for all the prayers and thoughts.

I told my mom just after he came out of surgery that I had a lot of friends here praying for him. It seemed to mean a lot to her.

Latest posts

Top Bottom