Preferred CCW for Summer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
S&W M&P 9mm fullsize, 4.25" barrel, in a Crossbreed Supertuck. Wearing it now and It's super comfy.

I have no plans on changing my set up regardless of the season.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sig P238 year round for me. Tried the Wilson CQB compact, but I hate wearing a belt. You can wear the Sig IWB with swimming trunks.
I kinda' like the li'l P238....but....I'm not sure it'd pass muster as a primary carry weapon for me.
Too small to easily acquire under stress, is .380, low capacity, etc....still, it is a good *lookin'* gun.

I'm curious as to how many rounds of self defense ammo you've personally put through yours to confirm reliability. :anyone:

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kinda' like the li'l P238....but....I'm not sure it'd pass muster as a primary carry weapon for me.
Too small to easily acquire under stress, is .380, low capacity, etc....still, it is a good *lookin'* gun.

I'm curious as to how many rounds of self defense ammo you've personally put through yours to confirm reliability. :anyone:

I have put over 100 rounds through mine and never had even one failure of any sort. The P238 is one of the best built guns I have the pleasure to own and shoot. When I ride the motorcycle into work I carry the P238 as it is the only gun I own that will fit into the trunk of my bike. Otherwise if I am driving the car it is either my S&W MP40c or my Para PT10-45.

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I've put about five hundred rounds (only 50 self defense rounds) through my Sig. Never had any problems with FTF or FTE. I did however have an issue with the slide failing to lock back after firing the final round. I tried several different magazines with no real fix. Ending up going back to Sig. They stated that they replaced the magazine. Go figure. Works fine now.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My setup is the same no matter the season. I carry a Kahr K9 in a UBG IWB holster. Most comfortable holster I have ever owned. Sometimes forget I even have it on me, but I always have it on me.

I too have a UBG IWB , mine's a "Striker"...an awesome rig indeed. Strongest dang clips I have seen and forms right to your body.

Latest posts

Top Bottom