Property lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking at some new property but it is not fenced and mostly wooded. Is there an app or resource for a phone that tells you what the property lines are in the field?

I am sure there is but I am not sure what is out there and what is best to use.

Let me know your suggestions. Thanks

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you renting or buying? If buying get a survey, renting check with the local FSA office, or ON X.
I am buying and I have an aerial of the lines. However, that doesn’t help me when I am out there trying to match up where I am to the map.

That is why I am looking for a digital source.

I am also getting a survey completed.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I am buying and I have an aerial of the lines. However, that doesn’t help me when I am out there trying to match up where I am to the map.

That is why I am looking for a digital source.

I am also getting a survey completed.

If you have aerials, you can drop points on Google maps or something similar and then you'll know where you're at when on the property.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OnX is close but I wouldn't trust it. I see property lines on OnX that pass over houses.

Edit: wouldn't trust for more than a rough idea.
I use Hunt stand, but your correct. Property lines are for reference only. Hunt stand uses the same intel as OnX. Both show a neighbor's property line running across my shop building. I had it surveyed prior to construction, so I know those apps are not correct.

Latest posts

Top Bottom