Proposed ODWC Rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnut918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read an interview one of the news groups did with the non game fish biologist. It isn't an exact quote but he said we don't have any idea how many non game fish are harvested so we have to set a creel limit to know.
He also answered that nobody eats these fish. That is another ignorant response.

A friend of mine always ices down the cooler and drops it off after our bow fishing trip. They return it the next day cleaned up and are gracious for the fish. They make something similar to a salmon patty out of carp. He does 4 or 5 trips a week during prime time.
Who do you give them to? Going to have to find someone or still be feeding turtles.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On traditional ML, I say a season right before modern ML. Also, if arbows want to be used then let them fall into a non-traditional season somewhere where spears, sticks, air rifles (not BB gun but those that have evolved to kill pigs and deer), heck even a tomahawk can be used.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who do you give them to? Going to have to find someone or still be feeding turtles.
I bet if you ask around in your area, you will find people that would gladly take them.

He has customers at his lumber yard that are pleased to take them.

6 or 7 years ago I had a gardener that used a small plow to make a ditch the length of his garden. He would lay the fish in the ditch end to end and shovel the dirt over leaving the remainder of ditch open until the next time I brought him fish. He had his own vegetable stand and the garden was bigger than most are used to seeing.

Last edited:

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like okbassin said, people aren’t hard to find. Anybody that is fishing but looks like they arent fishing for sport would probably be a good person to ask. You can put an ad on Craigslist too: but you better have a lot of fish or a lot of time to explain why you are now out of free fish. Craigslist yields lots of responses and lots of weirdos. But I did meet a few really neat people as well. I, too, gave alot of fish to a gardener. He ate the meat and tilled the rest into the soil.

Last edited:

CanadianRiverRat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try talking to the pastors of small, poor churches. I promise you'll find several people recommended at each stop, I have and it'll make you smile to help out these people struggling to have enough to eat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom