Public Service Announcement: DO NOT travel internationally without THOROUGHLY searching your property first!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the time I go through, the place is packed (any airport) and they are working awfully hard to keep the lines moving.
I travel close to 15-20 times a year. The experience I get with tsa is that they don't care how long it takes. That's with pre tsa accommodations too. Since I have 2 TKR, I have to go thru the general TSA check point. Several times, they have done the (not sure what you call it) swab test. Maybe it's more relaxed other places, I dunno

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well then, you can probably tell us how TSA could miss the rounds.

I also have both “aftermarket knees”, and after they wave their wand over the knees, it’s “have a nice flight”. I guess I don’t look very dangerous.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well then, you can probably tell us how TSA could miss the rounds.

I also have both “aftermarket knees”, and after they wave their wand over the knees, it’s “have a nice flight”. I guess I don’t look very dangerous.
they don't wave wands with me, I have to go thru the scanner. "lemme check your pockets(wadded up), lemme check your hat." I don't have to take my shoes off though!
I was surprised when they started letting disposable lighters and cigarettes through!

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scanner yes, and that triggers the wand to make sure my knees are really mine. Maybe they just think I look like a harmless old man, where they think you look like one of those college age campus terrorists.

The last couple of years have been OKC, Dallas, Atlanta, DC, Charlotte, and as best as I can remember, it’s always been pretty much the same.

If we have to have TSA, I wish they would be much more diligent. Too many opportunities for stuff to happen these days.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How did the ammo get through TSA? They should be footing the bill for letting it get through!
Well first there would have to be proof that the ammo went through the checkpoint and not checked baggage. They are looking for different things. I realize they said it was in their carry-on baggage, but you shouldn't be surprised how many people "misremember" such details when their ass is in a crack! :(

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well first there would have to be proof that the ammo went through the checkpoint and not checked baggage. They are looking for different things. I realize they said it was in their carry-on baggage, but you shouldn't be surprised how many people "misremember" such details when their ass is in a crack! :(
well it says in the first paragraph of the story
  • American tourists face harsh consequences for unintentionally bringing ammunition into Turks and Caicos, with one man facing a potential 12-year prison sentence for carrying hunting ammo in his carry-on bag.
but got popped when coming back

Watson is home, but her husband, Ryan Watson, was jailed on the island and is facing a potential mandatory minimum sentence of 12 years behind bars after airport security allegedly found four rounds of hunting ammo in his carry-on bag earlier this month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom