Question for Military men and Strategist about ISIS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? You think that's really a good answer? Think about what you just proposed...if the nukes were selective in who they killed and/or what they destroyed, that would be one thing. But, unfortunately, nuclear weapons are not selective at all. I'd like to see us just get the hell out of the rest of the world's problems and concentrate on solving our own. I'm sick and tired of innocent people being killed and wounded...for what cause?

The thing is that I did think of what I proposed. Isn't it time that a message is sent? Aren't you tired of wondering when those idiots are gonna show up over here with a bomb of their own? To hell with them all man! It's time to send the message that no more American souls better be lost or more nukes will fall. I hate that women and babies will die but I don't want my little girl to be the victim of terrorism either!

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
crrcboatz, first of all. I did enlist and spent 4yrs in the Marines as a grunt. In no way am I saying our Military does not have the balls, it's the Politicians. If it was done right the first time, we wouldn't have to go back and our Men and Women wouldn't be doing 4 and 5 tours.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The thing is that I did think of what I proposed. Isn't it time that a message is sent? Aren't you tired of wondering when those idiots are gonna show up over here with a bomb of their own? To hell with them all man! It's time to send the message that no more American souls better be lost or more nukes will fall. I hate that women and babies will die but I don't want my little girl to be the victim of terrorism either!

Fallout n radiation and sand.....plus detonating on an ally of Russia n China......Im sure Israel is cool with it.....as is the Continent of Africa.....Yep youve thought this through.

Or you can wait until your little girl grows up and make her enlist.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I knew the answer. I just don't. I'm sick of wars; I'm sick of losing American and other innocent people' lives too. What a freakin' world we live in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Korean war was the first war that politicians vs Generals/Admirals ran thinking a limited engagement pandering to the Chinese would bring victory, but the Chinese had plans of their own. The military experts that had fought and won WWII were held at bay by politicians. The US military suffered unnecessary casualtys, and almost lost the conflict at the Chosin Reservoir.

Vietnam was lost for the very same reason. LBJ and Robert McNamara ran the war from dinner tables at the White House ignoring pleas from commanders on site to let them win the war. McNamara has since acknowledged their failure to let the military run the war in interviews.

I could write an entire book about what the boots on the ground thought of the war and what they did to circumnavigate the politicians, but I won't post it here so as not to offend some.

It was ugly, and I don't regret a second of it.

If your going to fight a war, fight the dammed thing.

Fight it to win. We fought to win in WWI and WWII. The people in those country's aren't trying to schedule our demise. They took their ass whipping, and became our allies, because we destroyed their leaders country, and instituted new government that is similar to ours.

ICIS was an open target for airpower early on, but our puszy in office did nothing
That time has gone. ICIS is entrenched, and nothing but full scale war will defeat them in their country. Full scale war involves civilian casuality's. We have already killed a lot of civilians in that country and its regrettable, but the enemy was not defeated. The puszy in office set a deadline, and bailed out like a whipped dog.

Its the same thing Nixon did in Vietnam. I guess we don't learn by our mistakes.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
crrcboatz, first of all. I did enlist and spent 4yrs in the Marines as a grunt. In no way am I saying our Military does not have the balls, it's the Politicians. If it was done right the first time, we wouldn't have to go back and our Men and Women wouldn't be doing 4 and 5 tours.

So now right or wrong the past is what it is, do we send our people back there again to fight a war that we are not prepared for???????? I would just like to know if you are sincere about sending our people back for a 4-8th time and more?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The Korean war was the first war that politicians vs Generals/Admirals ran thinking a limited engagement pandering to the Chinese would bring victory, but the Chinese had plans of their own. The military experts that had fought and won WWII were held at bay by politicians. The US military suffered unnecessary casualtys, and almost lost the conflict at the Chosin Reservoir.

Vietnam was lost for the very same reason. LBJ and Robert McNamara ran the war from dinner tables at the White House ignoring pleas from commanders on site to let them win the war. McNamara has since acknowledged their failure to let the military run the war in interviews.

I could write an entire book about what the boots on the ground thought of the war and what they did to circumnavigate the politicians, but I won't post it here so as not to offend some.

It was ugly, and I don't regret a second of it.

If your going to fight a war, fight the dammed thing.

Fight it to win. We fought to win in WWI and WWII. The people in those country's aren't trying to schedule our demise. They took their ass whipping, and became our allies, because we destroyed their leaders country, and instituted new government that is similar to ours.

ICIS was an open target for airpower early on, but our puszy in office did nothing
That time has gone. ICIS is entrenched, and nothing but full scale war will defeat them in their country. Full scale war involves civilian casuality's. We have already killed a lot of civilians in that country and its regrettable, but the enemy was not defeated. The puszy in office set a deadline, and bailed out like a whipped dog.

Its the same thing Nixon did in Vietnam. I guess we don't learn by our mistakes.

I agree. If we're gonna put our boys in harms way, then lets fight. But if its anything less than war, lets bring em home.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want it, but if we had to go and fight, it will require complete attrition. As has been said several times- WWI and WWII were fought to win. Kill 'em all, let god sort it out. If you knew they friendly, don't shoot, otherwise, get out the way of the bullets. That mess over there will only end when they are all dead. I hate to say it, but it is 100% true.

Latest posts

Top Bottom