Question for Military men and Strategist about ISIS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When was the last time we waged a total war to an unconditional surrender of the enemy? Our military could do it with ease, but the nattering naybobs of negativity wouldn't allow it in this day and age.

I say all or nothing, which means nothing in this case. :(

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say that we leave them alone. If the citizens of Iraq will not fight for their own freedom who are we to force it on them? Contain that mess to the Middle East and carry on.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For those anxious to fight, I propose you grab your passport and catch a flight. Becoming a merc is no complicated matter. I'd rather send you then some eighteen year old kid who has an entire life ahead of him. Major General Smedley Butler nailed it when he said "war is a racket".

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those anxious to fight, I propose you grab your passport and catch a flight. Becoming a merc is no complicated matter. I'd rather send you then some eighteen year old kid who has an entire life ahead of him. Major General Smedley Butler nailed it when he said "war is a racket".

^^^this right here.

"that mess won't end until they're all dead" - really?
Why go over there, then? I haven't lost anything over there...pretty sure my family hasn't either.
ZERO reason to give a crap about how they conduct their affairs.

I keep seeing references to TET, carpet bombing, VC that we couldn't identify.....all good points - comparing our current situation to a war that wasted 58,000 Americans for nothing.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say that we leave them alone. If the citizens of Iraq will not fight for their own freedom who are we to force it on them? Contain that mess to the Middle East and carry on.

If it would stop there it wouldnt be an issue. BUT you are probably just as aware as I am that eventually they are going to fly a plane into a tall building over here, OR much much worse!

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^this right here.

"that mess won't end until they're all dead" - really?
Why go over there, then? I haven't lost anything over there...pretty sure my family hasn't either.
ZERO reason to give a crap about how they conduct their affairs.

I keep seeing references to TET, carpet bombing, VC that we couldn't identify.....all good points - comparing our current situation to a war that wasted 58,000 Americans for nothing.

So when they park a nuke in downtown Chicago, or Dallas, OR ????? it won't have effect/affect on you either? THAT is my real concern.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So when they park a nuke in downtown Chicago, or Dallas, OR ????? it won't have effect/affect on you either? THAT is my real concern.

So the solution is continual war with entities that we fear?
The Soviet Union had plenty of nukes, and was our sworn enemy. (not really sure about that, though)
There are a great many factions that can/will produce conventional bombs, nuclear bombs, dirty bombs, comtaminants to food and water.
Gonna fight 'em all?
We are not making ourselves more secure by fighting all over the world, quite the opposite.
Great empires alway over-extend themselves.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_sbml0Vy.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom