Question for Military men and Strategist about ISIS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We sure as hell didn't win it!!!

Depends on your views of winning. Korea, Vietnam and several South American and African Wars, were part of the Cold War. Communism, while still existing is no longer the threat it once was.

So yes the War was won, the battle itself was just part of the bigger victory.....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One point i feel the need to make about VIET NAM which might be hijacking this thread. WE DID NOT LOSE THE WAR IN VIET NAM.

I think you probably meant that the US military never lost a major battle against the NVA, or the Vietcong. Every time they came to fight heads up, they were sent packing with terrible losses.
The American fighting man has no equal anywhere in the world.

If only our politicians would let the military run wars, we would see less conflicts around the globe.
If you come after me, and I smack you with a ball bat up side the head, will you get up and come at me again? If you did, you would get smacked again.
After awhile, the assailant goes looking for easier prey, and leaves you alone.

That's my theory simplified, as to why every nation in the world is laughing at the US right now because we are weak.
We don't bust heads anymore.
The head puzsy in office has made our country a laughing stock around the world.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i think you probably meant that the us military never lost a major battle against the nva, or the vietcong. Every time they came to fight heads up, they were sent packing with terrible losses.
The american fighting man has no equal anywhere in the world.

If only our politicians would let the military run wars, we would see less conflicts around the globe.
If you come after me, and i smack you with a ball bat up side the head, will you get up and come at me again? If you did, you would get smacked again.

That's my theory simplified, as to why every nation in the world is laughing at the us right now because we are weak.
the head puzsy in office has made our himself a laughing stock around the world, dragging the rest of the u.s. Down with him.

fify. :(

Bluewing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you probably meant that the US military never lost a major battle against the NVA, or the Vietcong. Every time they came to fight heads up, they were sent packing with terrible losses.
The American fighting man has no equal anywhere in the world.

If you come after me, and I smack you with a ball bat up side the head, will you get up and come at me again? If you did, you would get smacked again.

That's my theory simplified, as to why every nation in the world is laughing at the US right now because we are weak.
The head puzsy in office has made our country a laughing stock around the world.

Yes. that is what i mean. never lost a major battle-Tet Offensive was a HUGE lose to the enemy.
Yes. we did stop the spread of communism in the region.
The fall of Saigon happened 30 April 1975, two years after the American troop departed in thier entierity 29 March 1973.
How could we lose a war we had already stopped fighting? We fought to an agreed stalemate.(politically)
My source for this info came from a hand out from the VVA national at a veterans conference i attended in Michigan.
If any are interested on some of the Myths, Facts, and Stats---we can PM
Please be patcient with me i am at work and have limited time to be on the web.

Latest posts

Top Bottom