Ray Wylie Hubbard @ The Blue Door OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's Ray's latest FaceBook post:

ok. scott wattson, what can i do for you? i'm not a music industry executive or song pitcher or anyone who can forward anybody's career as i'm still scuffling round myself. i wish i was a high falutin' music big shot. of course if i was i would probably run the company into the ground as i don't have very commercial taste at all. all i really can do is advise you to learn all you can about publishing, mechanicals, masters, licenses, producer points, social media, ascap, bmi, sesac and to join the musicians union and don't do drugs.
chad, for a broke musician rig it depends on your style. hayes or slaid type stuff-acoustic with a piezo works. recommend having your own acoustic amp so you're not at the mercy of crappy sound men. now it you're more into the lincoln or otis or scott biram, well a funky old kay or silvertone electric through a blues jr. is about as good as it gets. also an important investment is having ur own mic as who ever is on before you may smoke, be sick or eaten a onion burger. a shure 58 is a great workhorse.
here's an idea if you got no money. go to your girl friends dad and say if you buy me a gibson j45 and a amp, you will never see me again. now your girlfriend may have a broken heart for a while but she'll find some one obviously better for her than you and you may miss her for a while..but now you got your rig and the fact is..you better off with the blues.
any other questions?
we got the line up for gritngroovefest working and i do appreciate your suggestions so we'll let the cat out of the bag soon ( peta people thats just a expression. there was no cat in a bag) and i was just kidding about breaking up with your girlfriend to get a guitar. rwh

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everybody catch Ray on Letterman tonight. He will be reportedly performing "Mother Blues".

"when I was a young man about 21 years old, all I wanted was a stripper girlfriend and a gold top Les Paul. Be careful of the things you wish for... you might get 'em"

Last edited by a moderator:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I cant make it. Im a pure metalhead listener and musician but back in the day 3 guys I really liked to see live were Ray Wylie, Jerry Jeff Walker, and David Allan Coe.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ray seemed a little out of his element or comfort zone last night - kinda like he didn't have his "A" game going or the environment wasn't right.

Cedar Creek

Ya I sensed something too... almost like he was a bit nervous on the big stage. Still better than 90% of the crap that normally makes national TV. I really despise Letterman, but kudos to him for having Ray on.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I could be there... love his version of Choctow Bingo even better than James McMurty.

SAT. & SUN. OCT 13 & 14 - The Blue Door, OKC, OK. 8pm
http://www.bluedoorokc.com/

Also Joe Ely and Kinky Friedman are coming up in the next months too...

"when I was a young man about 21 years old, all I wanted was a stripper girlfriend and a gold top Les Paul. Be careful of the things you wish for... you might get 'em"

Dammit! I spent most of my evening last night listening to the post Crash put up, and made me really lazy at work, staying up so late.

Now I'm gonna have to tell my boss your the one to blame for this thread.........Fridays gonna suck. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom