Really cool gardening ideas ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at doing the aqua phonics thing from portable farms. Claims to use 90% less water and raise fish for protein at the same time. Interesting to say the least.

OKIE LADY

Marksman
Reaction score
Have you seen the vertical planters at Gardenstick.com ? They are really neat and you can make them soooo much cheaper out of PVC pipe compared to what they cost online. I may have seen the site here in Preppers Corner but can't find original source now. Anyway, I'm seriously considering making at least 2. I would love to do hydroponics (especially on my patio where the horrible sunlight is at least shaded. The heat we've had for 2 summers seems to kill everything in the sun. Also, even when you water everyday the ground is so hot it just bakes plants. I did grow tomatoes and peppers in containers and they did pretty good. Have done square foot gardening and like raised beds. Just trying to figure out NOW how to get things ready for spring and still keep everything alive into summer. Any hints on what you've succeeded with?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well DUH. I just relized it was YOUR site that I saw the garden stick. This is a great site. I'm gonna make some of these. Okie Lady

LOL, not my site. It belongs to a friend of mine. No worries ... I've done the same thing. It's hard to keep up with where you originally saw something -- especially when it's a good idea. Things travel like wildfire on the wwwdot ... :D

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread makes me sad.

So many cool ideas, but between the drought and my travel schedule I doubt I'll have a garden this year. :-(

Latest posts

Top Bottom