Burgers and fries...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pizza thread got me thinking about my very favorite "go-to" meal, the good ol' USA classic burger and fries.

I've ate lots of different places. Some chain restaurants and some small town, hole in the wall, geasy spoon diners, and I must say, I've never, ever had a "bad" burger. Some were much better than others, but I've never left one on my plate and walked out.

I'm not real picky. I mean, it's kinda hard to screw up a simple cheesburger, right? I guess the worst I ever had was a Carl's Jr. bacon ranch burger. Of course, I'm not a big fan of ranch dressing anyways.

To me, if I were gonna describe a perfect cheeseburger, it would be cooked medium rare on an open flame, served on a Kings Hawaiian sweet bun, topped with Miracle Whip, French's yellow mustard, with iceberg lettuce, fresh garden tomato, dill piclkes and lots of red onions. Pair that up with a big pile of steak fries or crispy onion rings and an ice cold Coke or IBC root beer and I'm in hog heaven!

Some of the best burgers I've had actually come from some very unsuspecting places such as Chilis and Cracker Barrel. Whataburger is good stuff too. Especially their patty melt, muy bueno! But for a plain and simple no frills burger, I like Braums.

Now I realize that some of you here are absolute burger snobs and would scoff at some of my picks, but that's ok too. You do you and I'll do me. But I'm always searching for an awesome cheeseburger. So please, tell me your pics and maybe someday, I'll check em out!

Can't talk about cheeseburgers without our dear and departed buddy, who left this world way too soon. :cry3:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me, if I were gonna describe a perfect cheeseburger, it would be cooked medium rare on an open flame, served on a Kings Hawaiian sweet bun, topped with Miracle Whip, French's yellow mustard, with iceberg lettuce, fresh garden tomato, dill piclkes and lots of red onions. Pair that up with a big pile of steak fries or crispy onion rings and an ice cold Coke or IBC root beer and I'm in hog heaven!
I dunno GED.... that sounds kinda picky to me. Are you sure you're not a closet burger snob?? :pms2:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
As long as it's not a fast food burger and it's not charred, I'm pretty much game for any burger. Any fried onion burger will do. Any burger mixed with sausage is at the top of the list too. Greazy Steve's in Pond Creek sells a chicken fried cheese burger that's outstanding. It's a normal beef patty, and then battered like a chicken fry then built like normal burger. It's pretty good.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GED, if you are ever near Yukon, OK stop in at Sid's Onion Burger joint....You can thank me later...lol...The choices you listed are all good as well. I'm with you that it's hard to make a bad burger...

I'll do that. I am an onion fan. I put onions in damn near everything. When we go to a Mexican restaurant, I always order grilled onions and peppers and just eat em right out of the bowl.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno GED.... that sounds kinda picky to me. Are you sure you're not a closet burger snob?? :pms2:

Well...maybe just a little bit. ;)

giphy (6).gif

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite burgers, by far, are the ones I throw on the grill myself at home. As far as going out and grabbing one cooked up somewhere other than home the best burgers I've found in Tulsa come from a very small hole in the wall place called Bill's Jumbo Burgers on Admiral.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite burgers, by far, are the ones I throw on the grill myself at home. As far as going out and grabbing one cooked up somewhere other than home the best burgers I've found in Tulsa come from a very small hole in the wall place called Bill's Jumbo Burgers on Admiral.

Yeah, homemade burgers are always the best. I season mine with a packet of Lipton onion soup mix (one packet per pound) and when I flip em the first time, I give em a good dousing of Lea & Perrins worcestershire sauce. I only use farm fresh ground beef as well. Never store bought beef.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, homemade burgers are always the best. I season mine with a packet of Lipton onion soup mix (one packet per pound) and when I flip em the first time, I give em a good dousing of Lea & Perrins worcestershire sauce. I only use farm fresh ground beef as well. Never store bought beef.
1706019746591.png

mahatma

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best burgers ever were at Coleman's in Okmulgee ! I'm so sad they closed it and tore it down. Great pies also. I would always stop there to and from Tulsa but I don't make that drive anymore since all of my family that lived there for the last 75 years have now passed away. But I still remember the burgers we would get there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom