Recommend a Bluetooth headset

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like my Motorola S10 HD http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875982390

I worked a lot around large machinery and with a lot of noise around I have a tendency to not be able to focus on what people are saying so with a phone and background noise it's hard to hear sometimes. This puts conversations in stereo so the background noise is cut down by a lot and you can listen to music just as well.

I have also seen some lately that works the same but has separate earbuds with a collar that they connect to that seems like it would be decent to use especially if the "on the ear" style is painful. But with the wires being so fine in the cords I would have to wonder just how long they will last before they stop working correctly.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work in outside sales and live in my car and on my phone every day. I also listen to audio books while I drive. The audio books are on my personal phone and I connect my Bluetooth to both phones. I've gone though several different Bluetooth devices and have finally landed on my hands down dead favorite. The LG Tone pro plus 750. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FO0IHMY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1416367647&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40 There are two new versions, the 800 and 900, the 800 series are HORRIBLE the 730 and 750 are way way better. The newest 900 series are great but still very pricy. The 750 that I use now are around $52, the battery lasts me about 1.5-2 days depending on use. Now keep in mind when I'm not on the phone I'm listening to an audio book so it's great battery life. They are extremely light weight, fit under a dress shirt collar or under my dress shirt for an even more discrete look. My counterpart also uses them and she only has to charge hers every 3 days only using them for phone calls.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only Bluetooth "headset" I've ever found that I really liked was my '13 F150, but it's admittedly quite difficult to use in my office. :D I had a Jawbone (Aliph, maybe?) at one point that worked quite well and was easy enough to wear, and a little Plantronics unit that had a battery built into its carrying case--that one was actually pretty nice, as it was one of the first BT headsets that could be paired with multiple phones.

I now have a couple of corded headsets--one is a sound-isolating Ultimate Ears set that I wear in noisy environments and the other's a Klipsch set that I wear when I'm out walking. They're a whole lot less trouble, even with the cords, particularly given that I usually only have one of the Klipsch ear buds in my ear (the other is usually stuck in my shirt pocket). I think I gave $30 for the Klipsch and ~$75 for the UEs--and the UEs double as hearing protection.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What made you guys try the neck rigs? My first thought is they look a little, I don't know, showy or just this side of tacky.
My coworker got hers first a few years ago because she was looking for cordless music while working out.

I too thought they were goofy and a bit much for everyday use. She finally convinced me to buy and try a pair after she witnessed my two headset a day juggling act. These also vibrate when you get a msg or phone call so you don't have to keep it in your ear 100% of the time. I will try to remember to take a pic of me wearing them with a dress shirt for work.

Here they are with a tshirt for everyday wear.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_11_19_2a65ae7dac0e24ca689c68f86c73af67.jpg

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wizard, thanks much! The photos help a lot.
No problem, they are great and I don't mind sharing my experiences. I've got a drawer full of Bluetooth headsets that I haven't even looked at since buying these. The fact that they vibrate when the phone rings or gets a msg is great when I leave my phone on silent, walk away from it, don't hear it go off and don't have an ear bud in. There is also an app you can download that will read your msgs to you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom