Recommendations for a 1911 in stainless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can definitely recommend the Taurus 1911. Zero problem with mine, excellent shooter. While I do agree with some previous statements about Taurus semi's. I feel that applies more toward their polymer guns not the 1911. I've fired mine without any failures or problems. If you do decide on the Taurus 1911 don't get the one with rail, it's a little differently designed than others and holsters are limited.

Julez

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another vote for a Springer. I have the stainless loaded and it's the easiest shooting pistol I've ever pulled tbe trigger on. Springfields customer service is amazing to boot.

tempusfugit77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can definitely recommend the Taurus 1911. Zero problem with mine, excellent shooter. While I do agree with some previous statements about Taurus semi's. I feel that applies more toward their polymer guns not the 1911. I've fired mine without any failures or problems. If you do decide on the Taurus 1911 don't get the one with rail, it's a little differently designed than others and holsters are limited.

I can second this. I've had a Taurus 1911 for about 6 years. Never had an issue with it and it has one of the best triggers I have ever shot. It won't win any beauty contests, but I think it is a solid gun and a good value.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gen 4 Glock 19 a fine choice. Get a color other than black if you want the potential for value appreciation. You might get lucky if the color is discontinued but desired.

A Springfield Armory Rangemaster in 9mm or .45ACP is a fine value. You will likely find that you will shoot it, especially the 9mm, due to modest ammo costs. The Rangemaster is an excellent product.

If you can get a Colt cheap, with box and papers, go for it; it may appreciate in value better. You won't enjoy shooting it near as much as a Rangemaster though. Aren't guns made to shoot?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I've found that I'm not a fan of anything other than full size 1911s. Those are a blast to shoot. I carry a Glock 19 gen3. I have a 5" 9mm 1911 for range fun. They coexist quite happily together in my collection.

zodiacflyer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a compact para ordnance light double action 1911 I may be persuaded to part with... Been carrying it for a few years now with no problems. Just want something more full size since concealment is less of a consideration.

Sent from my phone thingy using the Tapatalk2 doohickey

Latest posts

Top Bottom