Record seismic activity rocks oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think the quakes are any big deal, but what do you expect when you pull oil, a natural lubricant, out and put water back in it's place? Seems to make sense to me.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I talked to a guy the other day that formerly built windmills and he told me one of their engineers told him that some of the earthquakes were cause by vibrations from the windmills heating up the ground. I just quietly thought to myself wouldn't that be a hell of a note.

I have no reason to believe its true, just thought it was funny.

I assure you this is ridiculous. Not a chance this is happening. I've worked on many of them.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a few here must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...................

Education doesn't make these seismologists smart, it seems. They're dishonest snakeoil salesmen living on the government teat. The oilfield employees are much more educated, actually work for a living, and because of that we shouldn't even bother double-checking anything they say.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I talked to a guy the other day that formerly built windmills and he told me one of their engineers told him that some of the earthquakes were cause by vibrations from the windmills heating up the ground. I just quietly thought to myself wouldn't that be a hell of a note.

I have no reason to believe its true, just thought it was funny.

Water well windmills or electrical generating windmills?

I realize the geology and geophysics are different, but why aren't Texas and New Mexico experiencing a monster increase in earthquakes?
There are a whole lot more wells being drilled at different depths and the fracturing operations are bigger, the water (waste from fracing and well produced) is probably a high multiple of that being pumped down disposal in Oklahoma.

I expect the same can be said for the Barnett, the Eagle Ford, the Baaken, etc.

On the other hand, didn't this all accelerate after Post 12? And/or the actions contained there in.

We all know it's the Lord trying to end Dick Cheney any way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom