Refletching Bolts/Arrows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I was able to shoot a bow (Two shoulder surgeries) I refletched all my arrows. Not that hard and was cheap compared to the amount of arrows I would of replaced. Plus I liked playing with the angle of the fletching trying to tune my arrows for perfect flight. Kinda like trying to find the best handload for your gun.
yep a lot of variables i always stuck with what Jim set me up with. times have changed though.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
End of the day, you'll archery hunt for a long time. So long as you buy a jig with the correct fletching alignment for multiple setups (straight for crossbow), you'll be set.
My other idea is to buy an identical bow to the one I use in Oklahoma (already found a used one on eBay) and sell the Exomax, so I would only have one type of bolt to deal with. :thumb:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quit your whining and go spend $20 on 5 arrows. You've got 150-170" deer and worried about refletching costs? :blush:
My other idea is to buy an identical bow to the one I use in Oklahoma (already found a used one on eBay) and sell the Exomax, so I would only have one type of bolt to deal with. :thumb:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Arizona is super easy (that’s why it’s in the name). I’ve got a Bitz that works well also. I’m not sure, but there are some for arrows that are attached to shrink wrap that you just dunk in boiling water. They work very well, too.
I’ve seen those shrink wrap fletching. How does one orient them on a conventional bow? Is there a jig to get them right according to the knock?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
End of the day, you'll archery hunt for a long time. So long as you buy a jig with the correct fletching alignment for multiple setups (straight for crossbow), you'll be set.
I use right hand 2.5’ on my Excalibur recurve Xbow. I have to use a different bullseye on the target to keep from shearing off fletching. Why straight for your Xbow? My factory built Excalibur bolts have right hand fletching before I shear them off.
What am I missing? Not criticizing, just wanting to learn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom