Remington Rand 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4man27

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there were any 1911 remington rand frames made after the late 40's. My grandfather has one but if I remember correctly he had this pistol built in the mid 80's by a gunsmith that lived in Elreno. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Marc

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last production for Remington Rand was in 1945. There's a chance the frame used for his custom was from government surplus or a donor pistol could have been acquired. Regardless of the source of the frame it is entirely possible the custom was built in the 1980's.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The last production for Remington Rand was in 1945. There's a chance the frame used for his custom was from government surplus or a donor pistol could have been acquired. Regardless of the source of the frame it is entirely possible the custom was built in the 1980's.

The military never purchased any 1911A1 after 1945. They did continue to purchase spare parts. This was for all companies that had orders to be filled.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably built from a surplus RR by a well known pistol smith by the name of Shockley who built bulls eye competition pistols. I visited him once and he had a super nice shop and all of his pistols were tested on a ransom rest and he would not ship until they would shoot either a 1 1/2" or 2" group at fifty yards if I remember right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom