Ruger American .308 bolt action weak ejection?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update on my Ruger American bolt action rifle. Looks like mounting the cantilever Warne base backwards on the pic rail, locates the hex nuts to the right, extruding outward over the ejection cut out, in the receiver. Snap cap dummy round ejects quite normally with base removed. I will turn the base around the correct way, install it and scope on my rifle with the clunky base hex nuts ON THE LEFT, opposite of the ejecting cases. Thanks for the comments, observation, opinions anyway. I should have known, I’ve installed other bases/mounts in years past, tightening down fasteners on the left. That cantilever shape must have scrambled my weak mind. No real excuses. I’ll report back after mounting the base, scope and rezero.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully that's all it was and you're back in business. I'm the same way with new toys in that I'll overlook my mistakes just to go out and play. Lol. Just recently I remounted a scope sideways since I was so used to having a left focus knob, but it ended up being the elevation turret. Doh!

Latest posts

Top Bottom