Russia's new stealth fighter T-50

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that.

I know what you're saying, but I think you'd enjoy the findings. I'm trying to find a public link...

One of the biggest findings of the simulation is the F-15s are far better equipped for an air superiority role than even 'Gen 5' fighters. They are designed to fly a defensive fight, even when being the aggressor. Because of the way they approach engagement, enemies are forced 'to fight their way' or get their ass kicked even earlier.

The T-50 looks like it has muscle, but it has really big limitations. The powerplants are weak, and this is verified by 3rd party observation. The avionics are taken from a concept Sukhoi bomb-truck that was never built, so even the layout of the cockpit needs lots of work. Granted, there are always future variants that could change these things, but as a 'Gen 5' fighter, the T-50 isn't even as sharp as the Gen 4 F-15.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its not new. It is overweight though, if you look at it from the front it is wider looking than the f14. Id like to see a comparison between the T-50 and the J-20 though.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its not new. It is overweight though, if you look at it from the front it is wider looking than the f14. Id like to see a comparison between the T-50 and the J-20 though.

The T-50 will probably be built in large numbers, production J-20 may not be built at all. China has a history of showing new tech with a lot of fanfare but never getting it into serial production.

Latest posts

Top Bottom