Safe question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only issue with the garage, someone could back a van in, drop a chain around the safe hooked to the hitch, pull it from the floor and then load the whole safe up.
I worked with a guy who had his safe stolen from the garage. They didnt use a chain but they did use his tools (prybar?) to get the safe off the floor and then used his 2 wheeler to wheel it to the van/pickup.

LOl, they are going to have trouble with mine. 3/4" red head concrete anchors sunk into an 8" concrete slab. The pullout force required to get them out would take a Sherman tank and one heck of a chain.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question is, can anyone see in your garage when the garage door is open? If you live out in the country with no one around, then that's fine.... if you're in a neighborhood, your garage door faces the street like most and there's a lot of traffic, I might avoid it. I don't want people to be able to see from outside where my safe is, so they can then plot ways to get into it. My road is a main entry/egress from large area - too many people driving by all the time.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine has been in the garage for 5+ years with no issues. I keep several desiccants in the safe and charged at all times. My safe is hidden by my tool box so it is not easily seen.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have mine in the garage hidden behind a wall of ammo cans!!!
Need to find a way to bolt THEM down and together!!

Dave

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of good feedback. Thank you. If it ends up in the garage, I was thinking about building a box to go around it. Make it look like a cabinet or something like that. I probably have enough scrap lumber laying around to build a cabinet.

Dennis, does your safe have a hole in it for the dehumidifier, or did you have to drill one for it?

ETA: is there any type of device that could be kept in your safe to locate it if it were stolen?

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My safe had a small hole in the floor for running power, etc.

You definitely want to run a power chord or two thru the hole BEFORE you place the safe and bolt it down!!!!
Same goes for the alarm system. Have the wiring installed BEFORE you bolt that puppy down.

It ain't gonna happen AFTER you tighten those bolts.

Dave

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My safe had a small hole in the floor for running power, etc.

You definitely want to run a power chord or two thru the hole BEFORE you place the safe and bolt it down!!!!
Same goes for the alarm system. Have the wiring installed BEFORE you bolt that puppy down.

It ain't gonna happen AFTER you tighten those bolts.

Dave

If you mean for lighting, I bought some motion-activated AA-powered LED lights on Amazon for mine. Yes, for a powered dehumidifier, you'd need electric, but I don't have one of those. The lights work well, though, and you can mount 'em wherever you want in the safe, and they shut off nicely when you close the door. Very handy. Have one in my other gun cab, too, which is just for ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom