Samsung Fridge Freezing up ***%^$$#@!!! and possible solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a POS Samsung french door bottom freezer and the coils constantly froze up starting at about 4.5 years old just at the sealed system warranty expiration of 5 years. Tried everything to get it repaired or to at least work out a fair compromise settlement. Your issue and mine is a known design problem but Samsung hides behind making a resolution so difficult most give up out of frustration.

Long story short I sued them as a last resort in small claims court for the purchase price. I had my son as my attorney and they sent a retail store manager - they brought a knife to a gun fight as they saying goes.

Judge listened to both sides and sent us to the hallway to work out a compromise. I offered meeting in the middle. The manager said he was not authorized to settle period. So back in we went and the judge ruled in my favor for the full amount plus attorneys cost.

So do the same thing @swampratt. PM me if you want more information on how to.

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well this thing didn't cost me a dime other than food spoilage in a short time frame.
The cooling coils are surrounded by styrofoam in the front of them and some weak stick on foam seal on the edges of the foam.
I think i can add some fiberglass maybe more styrofoam and tape to completely seal the area to keep moisture from forming.
I will do some more disassembly and looking at the entire mess they manufactured and see if that can be a solution.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before knowing that a lot of people were dissatisfied with Samsung refers we purchased a new stainless cabinet depth 22.3 cu from Lowe's in April 2019 that ran us $1931.93 delivered......it replaced our 20+ year old Whirlpool.

We had a ice maker problem in Aug. 2020 and a service tech. came out and piddled with it and got it running under warranty and all was good till it went out again and a service tech. came out again still under warranty and this time replaced the ice maker along with a new computer board......so far so good.

With all the complaints I've read if ours starts acting up again and since the warranty period is over I'm not going to mess around with having it fixed I'm just going to shop for a new refrigerator and hope that I get a brand with a better track record this time.

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep I am ready to grenade this POS.
Neighbor gave me this $3,000 fridge and to me it's only worth it's weight in scrap metal.

Weekly i had to unplug it so it would defrost the evaporator coils and the sensors in there.

I HATE warm milk and we lost a friendship starter due to mold.
I have never had a fridge that ruined so much food.

I have had this about 16 months or so and tonight I moved all the food out and tossed a lot.
freezer is at 5 and I had it set at -1 . I had the fridge set at 35° and it was at 60 this morning.

YOU MUTHA **&&%$#.
I WILL KILL YOU.

Like the fridge can hear me. I hate new stuff and this side by side with freezer in the bottom all stainless outside is nice to look at but what a POS.

I was given this thing because the ice maker is in the fridge and freezes up and you have to chip ice out if you want ice.

I do not want ice and use ice trays if I do want some.

The fix maybe:
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...-up-over-fan-and-evaporator-coil/td-p/1809098
Seems the wires for the plug in connectors gets under the seal and allows moist air to get in there and freeze it up.
Scroll way down and see pictures of how this guy fixed his.

I think another issue is the side by side doors and the center door seals just lay on a flimsy center bar that rotates on the door.

Not a solid seal at all.

Now get this I kept my old GE top freezer bottom fridge refrigerator and it seals up and pulls a vacuum after you shut the door.
You must pull pretty firmly to get the fridge door to open.

I can open a can of soda pop and drink 1/2 of it and set it in the old GE fridge and more than 5 days later drink it and it is still fizzy.

1 day in the newer Samsung fridge and that soda is flat as a flitter.

Defrosting the Junker now and going to super seal that cooling area and see if this guys fix works for me.
usually dirty coil and or fan could be a duel compressor refrig clean blow and wash everything you can out real good try again

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
dirty coil and or fan could be a duel compressor refrig clean blow and wash everything you can out real good try again

Yep I keep it clean and plenty of circulation.
Cleaned it when it was given to me and less than a month later it is making noise from that fan hitting ice on the coils.
I do not have any pets and the house stays cleaned and swept.

I think it is more to do with the door seals with that double french door set up.
one of these stupid things.

1697294990715.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom