Sarah Palin for Senator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never said kissing your ass at noon on mainstreet was on my bucket list. I said I'd do it if Sarah Palin is elected president. I'm not thinking about the stakes, I'm thinking about the odds.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, this one took a turn towards kissing a**es, but let me bring up an interesting point that is in regards to the Republican Party.

Whenever a candidate on the Republican side campaigns on a truly conservative message, they get elected to President. Think back to the winners and losers to see it that statement is true. Now, in honesty, I specifically said "campaigns" on conservatism, so while G.W. Bush wasn't really conservative (at least from my standpoint), he campaigned as such. Remember his comments during the debates with regard to tax money really being the people's money, not the government's.

McCain was nowhere close to being conservative, and Romney weakened and went moderate, so why should Republicans, especially conservative ones, vote for "Democrat-light."

With all that said, an anyone say that Sarah Palin is moderate? I don't think so.

What people need to remember is this statement, "The mainstream media and liberal Democrats lie," so don't place your trust in the veracity of their words about the intelligence and competence of any Republican candidate.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
....snipped so why should Republicans, especially conservative ones, vote for "Democrat-light."

With all that said, an anyone say that Sarah Palin is moderate? I don't think so.

What people need to remember is this statement, "The mainstream media and liberal Democrats lie," so don't place your trust in the veracity of their words about the intelligence and competence of any Republican candidate.

Exactamundo!

The reason McCain go as many votes as he did was specifically Palin. Anyone else and it wouldn't have been close race at all. It's the only thing he did right with his entire campaign and still made it a nail biter for awhile.
Ditto for Romney picking Ryan. I will admit that it was a gutsy move for Romney to make picking someone so young. I liked the fact that he picked someone his opposition hated. They hate Ryan because he's a numbers crunching machine, but it brought even more economic credibility which he really wasn't short on to begin with. He was "piling on with economic prowess" and should have won. The mistake in each election was underestimating how many conservatives would just stay home rather than vote for "democrat light". I think they (the GOP) are slowly coming around but I don't know if they are going to make it before they go the way of the whigs. The old guard sure do have their heels dug in.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Look, I don't care if Sarah Palin is smart or dumb. I just wanna see her nude sunbathing out by the pool. Yes, I would vote for her based on her Pro 2nd Ammendment stance alone.

GolfWhiskey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hold on - if your theory is that conservative voters just want someone who is conservative and they are tired of moderates like McCain and Romney, how do you explain their primary victories? If conservative voters just want someone who's conservative and will turn out in droves to vote for someone who runs a "conservative" campaign, why didn't Huckabee win in 2008? Why didn't anyone other than Romney win in 2012? I mean, McCain and Romney were the most moderate candidates in their respective primary fields, and they both won easily.

That line of thinking makes no sense whatsoever.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hold on - if your theory is that conservative voters just want someone who is conservative and they are tired of moderates like McCain and Romney, how do you explain their primary victories? If conservative voters just want someone who's conservative and will turn out in droves to vote for someone who runs a "conservative" campaign, why didn't Huckabee win in 2008? Why didn't anyone other than Romney win in 2012? I mean, McCain and Romney were the most moderate candidates in their respective primary fields, and they both won easily.

That line of thinking makes no sense whatsoever.

It's because their own party actively works against them during the primaries. Look at what they did to Ron Paul. If an actual conservative does manage to nab the nomination we'll see people beat feet to the polls just like they did with Reagan.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ronald Reagan was a gun grabbing, abortion believing pragmatist who raised taxes, didn't attend church, and allowed his schedule to be arrange around his horoscope. It's pointless to talk about who Sarah Palin will be when nobody can even remember who Ronald Reagan was.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The GOP should really try running someone new who has a chance of winning. The Palin thing failed with McStain. She'll win all 77 counties in OK but the rest of the country will not follow suit.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Fine with me if she takes 77 Oklahoma counties, but loses everywhere else. I just want to see her in her sandals by the pool - and nothing else! I'll vote for her!

Latest posts

Top Bottom