Satanic Monument At the State Capitol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
weknowmemes.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_10_american_pride_eagle_meme_religious_freedom.jpg

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even if you're not a Christian, how the heck are the 10 Commandments offensive? I don't remember all of them, but seems like most of them are laws anyway. The only reason I can see them being offensive, are the people that are doing some of those 10 commandments. Right?
I'm sorry, but people need to get a life. Don't we have better things to do than get offended by 10 Commandments at the State Capital? Geez.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Even if you're not a Christian, how the heck are the 10 Commandments offensive? I don't remember all of them, but seems like most of them are laws anyway. The only reason I can see them being offensive, are the people that are doing some of those 10 commandments. Right?
I'm sorry, but people need to get a life. Don't we have better things to do than get offended by 10 Commandments at the State Capital? Geez.

Who's saying their content is offensive? All I've read is that to deny other privately donated representations of faith from having equal display is offensive.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, are the 10 Commandments strictly Christian then? No other religion would agree with them? Another words, Thou Shalt Not Kill, is only a Christian belief? No other religions would agree that is a pretty good Commandment?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, are the 10 Commandments strictly Christian then?
Nope

No other religion would agree with them? Another words, Thou Shalt Not Kill, is only a Christian belief? No other religions would agree that is a pretty good Commandment?
Again, no one is arguing the content of the monument....

Are you saying there is no useful info to be gained from Islamic, pagan, Buddhist, Hindu, satanism, Shinto or any other teachings? Perhaps they also have universally accepted messages.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, are the 10 Commandments strictly Christian then? No other religion would agree with them? Another words, Thou Shalt Not Kill, is only a Christian belief? No other religions would agree that is a pretty good Commandment?

Well, considering they were given to Moses and the Jews, i'm guessing they are cool with them.

I'd agree that thou shalt not kill is a good thing, but some people would object to the notion that a divine being command them to do anything.

Also, to get to your earlier question, "I am the Lord thy God" and "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" are probably ones that not everyone can get behind.

All that said, do you really need a large stone version of 'thou shalt not kill' to be reminded that it's a bad thing to kill?

Latest posts

Top Bottom