Sb 884

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhunt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have not seen anything specifically addressing this so figured I would post my questions. Mods please move/lock/post link to other thread if necessary.

Says active duty, national guard, and reserve performing regular duties. Am I understanding correctly that traditional reservists and guardsmen will be covered when they are performing their 12 drill weekends per year and 2 week annual training? Or do they need to be on active orders?

Also still looking, but haven't seen anything showing the recipricocity with other states if I'm using my military ID and oklahoma DL in lieu of SDA license.

Thanks for any/all info.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have not seen anything specifically addressing this so figured I would post my questions. Mods please move/lock/post link to other thread if necessary.

Says active duty, national guard, and reserve performing regular duties. Am I understanding correctly that traditional reservists and guardsmen will be covered when they are performing their 12 drill weekends per year and 2 week annual training? Or do they need to be on active orders?

Also still looking, but haven't seen anything showing the recipricocity with other states if I'm using my military ID and oklahoma DL in lieu of SDA license.

Thanks for any/all info.

Reciprocity would depend on what the other state allowed. Just because you would be able to use your military ID in OK, doesn't mean that you could in TX.

jhunt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats what I've figured. To have the recipricocity you would actually need the SDA license. However it seems redundant (what isn't with the current political situation) that someone exempt from needing the SDA license would actually need to have one to have recipricocity.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would depend on the other states, but some would likely update their rules some time after Oklahoma updated it's laws. Oklahoma seems to try and keep up with the laws of other states and I suspect many/most other states do the same.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats what I've figured. To have the recipricocity you would actually need the SDA license. However it seems redundant (what isn't with the current political situation) that someone exempt from needing the SDA license would actually need to have one to have recipricocity.

Think of the non resident active duty military though. They would not need to get a license while stationed here in OK. Lets say they come from WA where there is no OC license and the individual does not have a WA CC license. They could use their military ID to OC or CC in OK. Also if someone in the military at 18 could OC or CC in OK without getting an OK SDA license.

I would think that reciprocity would not be a big deal for active duty, but the ability to carry without having to get a permit for that state (where they may only be for a few months) would be more beneficial.

Latest posts

Top Bottom