Science Journals closing down because of over 11,000 fraudulent study papers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Don't trust science" as we all type into "computers" that make messages appear on the magic glowing screens inside others peoples houses and "pocket communicators" via a "world wide web"

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't take much anymore to get something published. Hell, I'm published, but it's been so long I can't even remember which journal it went into, I just linked a conference it was presented at. The whole publish or perish system is part of the problem, so much pressure to get your name out there.
#METOO. I had a piece published in the Fall of 1993, in the Journal of Accounting Case Research by the University of Lethbridge, British Columbia. And, I didn’t get a thing for it!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that the laws of physics, chemistry, and engineering sciences still hold true, regardless of the closing down of some journals. So I'm not worried that some cases of fraudulent studies were discovered and acknowledged
Personally, I think it's a good thing that they're retracting bad articles and closing down the journals that published them. It shows that somebody still give a damn about the sciences.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I think it's a good thing that they're retracting bad articles and closing down the journals that published them. It shows that somebody still give a damn about the sciences.
If people actually cared about science (and mathematics which goes hand in hand) 99% of liberal policies would be outlawed forever.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CDC and the AMA too.
Nature magazine among many others. All the big names in science have been pulling so called Peer reviewed papers because they turned out to be faked. Right now the trust in science by the general public is the lowest it has been in decades no matter what the studies say.

Latest posts

Top Bottom