Scope Suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Burris Fullfield II is a good scope for a cheap price. They are not US made. The one on my son's rifle is from the PI. Your not going to get a decent American made scope for $200-300.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the price range you listed, you can't beat a Burris Fullfield II. Not with a VXII either. I've had both, the Burris has much better glass than the VXII. I'd more compare them to the VXIIIs I've played with.

Lifetime Warranty and made in America I believe.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-3-9x50mm-fullfield-ii-rifle-scope.html

+1 - I've noticed this as well on my $120 Burris Spotting scope - it looks at least as good if not better than a friend's Leupold Spotting scope (model they sell at Academy). I'm super impressed with the clarity of Burris optics.

fishn&huntn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a monarch a fullfield II and VX I,II and III the overall quality goes to leupold hands down. The burris foreign QC is better than nikon IMO. They are both made in the Phillippines.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Burris Fullfield II is a good scope for a cheap price. They are not US made. The one on my son's rifle is from the PI. Your not going to get a decent American made scope for $200-300.

Thanks for the info on the country of origin. They do have a lifetime warranty though. I love my fullfields. between my dad and me, we have 4 of the 3-9x40s and love them.

Reaction score
Something with a LOT of eye relief:

Look at these scope lines for good quality, mid-range price, and great eye relief:

1. Nikon Omega or Slughunter (best eye relief of any scope going)

2. Leupold VX-1 and VX-2

3. Sightron S2 or S2 Big Sky

4. Zeiss Conquest

5. maybe even an Elite 4200, but not as good as 1-4 on eye relief.

Or, if you can up the budget a bit, look at Sightron S3 and Trijicon Accupoint - these are fantastic scopes. The VX-IIIs are very nice too, but a bit overpriced for what you get.

Of the semi-budgety ones I listed, I'd look hard at the Nikon Omega, 1.65-5x36mm, Nikon Omega 3-9x40mm, Leupold VX1 1-4x20mm, and Leupold VX-2 1-4x20mm. Excellent eye relief and good warranties. The VX1 can be had for right around $200. Oh, the Trijicon Accupoint 1.25-4x24mm (1" tube) has insanely good eye relief also.

What kind of magnification and objective lens size are you wanting?

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always wanted a Zeiss scope since I have heard such wonderful things about them. I noticed a couple of places online had the Zeiss Conquest z-plex2.5-8x for about $375 and the straight 4x Conquest was $299, and if I couldn't afford that I would get a Leupold.

Horty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Super Sniper 16x and it is an excellent scope and only costs about $350. It is made by Tasco and before you instantly write it off b/c of Tasco you should check it out on swfa.com The reviews show it to hold up to the Leupold Mark IV and it is about $500 less. I love mine!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom