Sen. Tom Coburn Announces Early Retirement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.ktul.com/story/24477438/sen-tom-coburn-announces-early-retirement

Senator Tom Coburn will be resigning from his seat, two years before the end of his term.

Coburn, the Republican senator from Muskogee, issued a statement this evening announcing his retirement. Coburn will finish the current congressional session, which ends in Jan. 2015.

Well, one way to waste good money is quit early and burden your electorate with the expense of locating another Senator mid-term :wink2:

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i1285.photobucket.com_albums_a589_caojyn_8A4B2893_B32F_4E3B_8C13_3660FD645A07_zpsnxnpmgew.jpg

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a lot of you don't care for him, but I have a lot of respect for him. I may not agree with him all the time, but he has done what he said he was going to do, I respect that.

I am however, disappointed that he is resigning his seat. I am sure it is due to a health concern.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a lot of you don't care for him, but I have a lot of respect for him. I may not agree with him all the time, but he has done what he said he was going to do, I respect that.

I am however, disappointed that he is resigning his seat. I am sure it is due to a health concern.

I disagreed with about 85% of his politics, but I liked him because he knew how to affect political gridlock that would bring Congress to its knees (which says something). I mean, this stunt was just awesome.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Same here. One of the better people in DC.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tom is a friend of mine, for many years. Yes, his cancer has returned. He has been much different than the average politician. I haven't agreed with all of his positions, but they have been his positions. He has never sold out to special interests. The timing of his resignation is so that there will not need to be a special election. He is a good man, with principles, and there are not many like that in DC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom