Shooting at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad to hear. My son an I were just there today. Finished shooting around 1 this afternoon. Prayers for the family.

My youngest son and I were there around noon today too. Ate lunch, looked around a bit and left.

I'm not so much saddened by the act itself, for the brief reason I mentioned above, but I am saddened by the manner in which it was carried out, for the brief reason I mentioned above. I'm glad you two were gone before this took place, especially for the mental sake of your children.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think denying a person the right to suicide is the most selfish act. Adults, after assessing the situation, should have the right to choose whether or not they want to continue living. So many people are hurting every minute of every day, yet loved ones want them to continue suffering because it's easier to deal with than that person's death.
However, your point is still 100% valid. Why do this around innocent people? This is a private matter that should never include the general public. If renting a gun at H&H was his absolute only way to obtain the tool to commit this act, then why not at least take it into the restroom to minimize the exposure?

In theory what you are saying makes some sense. In practicality, suicide is usually the hurt that keeps on hurting. Until you have seen the long term consequences to family and friends of a suicide victim, you really can't appreciate the impact this act has.

Not a simple issue--not black and white. The right to die needs to be studied and ruled upon in a sensible way, but people need to be made more aware of the injuries to the ones they claim to love. Selfishness really doesn't enter into it. It's often a matter of a lack of understanding of the consequences.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Almighty God, Father of all mercies and giver of comfort. Deal graciously,
we pray, with all who mourn; that, casting all their care on you, They
may know the consolation of your love.

Amen.

I think denying a person the right to suicide is the most selfish act. Adults, after assessing the situation, should have the right to choose whether or not they want to continue living. So many people are hurting every minute of every day, yet loved ones want them to continue suffering because it's easier to deal with than that person's death.

However, your point is still 100% valid. Why do this around innocent people? This is a private matter that should never include the general public. If renting a gun at H&H was his absolute only way to obtain the tool to commit this act, then why not at least take it into the restroom to minimize the exposure?

This, in spades.

My heart goes out to this man's family, as well as the employees of H&H. I worked at a hotel where an off-duty OKC officer lost his life. The desk clerk who gave the guy the key ... the man who eventually killed the officer, was devastated and yet all she got from co-workers and others was dirty looks and comments about how could she have rented "that guy" a room. Like any of us can tell by looking who is and is not capable of taking a human life, their own or anothers.

Fact of the matter is, folks who have never been there, have the luxury of passing judgement ... Though I'll never understand why they think it is their God-given right to pass judgment on others who have been in a situation they can't possible comprehend is beyond me. Sometimes I wish the worst on those who are so crass as to think they know it all -- other times I pray that no one ever have to suffer through something like that.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I went by after work to see if we could pick up some 22 long rifle ammunition and there were two police cars, an ambulance, a fire truck, and a fire department supervisor's vehicle there. The range area was closed off, but we did find out that there was no 22 long rifle ammo.

As we left, we were speculating as to whether it was an intentional or accidental shooting. I mentioned that ther was no sign of yellow crime tape, unless it was just in the range area itself. However, access to any part of the range area was prohibited. We were only allowed as far as the exit closest to the range.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does H&H have cameras up in the range? Only asking because if they have video of what happened it should be pretty obvious whether it was a suicide or accident. I know I have seen other videos online of people shooting themselves at gun ranges whether it be accidental or not. Crazy how fast those videos make it online.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with Danny T and BB. I don't think people should pass judgement on others. Who knows why people kill themselves except the person that takes their life. To call it cowardice or selfish, to me, is belittling someone who was obviously in extreme mental distress.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with Danny T and BB. I don't think people should pass judgement on others. Who knows why people kill themselves except the person that takes their life. To call it cowardice or selfish, to me, is belittling someone who was obviously in extreme mental distress.

I agree...HMCS(FMF)Ret is 100% RIGHT IMO.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One possible reason for suicide; the person has a terminal illness and the slow painful decline will leave his family bankrupt. I don't want to do that to my family, should I ever be in that position.

Latest posts

Top Bottom