SHOT Show 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SHOT Show was pretty amazing as usual.. Lots of new products being displayed from different Manufacturers, and lots of buzz about what's going to happen in the firearms business. We met with ALOT of distributors and new companies, and no one had anything in stock to purchase. We were able to place a couple large orders on some pretty cool products that should be in this week. We'll be sure and post up on OSA when they arrive and what we got.

I'd have to say my favorite new item of the SHOT SHOW was the new FN Ballista. Check out the link on FN's website.

http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/commercial/rifles/ballista/

Springfield also had the XDS in 9mm which will be a great seller when they finally release them.

It brought me great pleasure to give Keltec pure hell when I visited their booth. It makes no sense for them to keep producing new prototypes, and new variations of existing products when they can't even get caught up to the current demand for what they currently produce.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It brought me great pleasure to give Keltec pure hell when I visited their booth. It makes no sense for them to keep producing new prototypes, and new variations of existing products when they can't even get caught up to the current demand for what they currently produce.

I love my Keltec, but your absolutely correct. They are shuttling product to the market, without proper quality control.(I think all manufacturers are doing the same) They do a great job of fixing the returns, but its the hassle.

That being said, I've had my P3AT for 6 years now, without a single malfunction.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

+1 on this statement. I've never even seen a PMR30 or a KSG in person. I love their stuff, but why can't they keep up with demand even a little?

Thanks for the report. I'd love to go someday. Maybe....

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did Kel-Tec say anything about their production issues? I was told that their mainstay is government business - specifically for NASA and that the gun business was a sideshow - any confirmation of this or something like it?

austin.brown

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What did the Kel Tec guys say when you started in on them?

I got lucky enought to stumble onto a Sub2000 in .40 S&W that take glock mags at a gun show for about $430. Its a great little rifle and folds up great in my backpack that is becoming my go bag.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did Kel-Tec say anything about their production issues? I was told that their mainstay is government business - specifically for NASA and that the gun business was a sideshow - any confirmation of this or something like it?

They give the same story everytime. They claim to be shipping out several hundred per week of the hard to find items, three thousand PMR30's per month, etc.. I asked them last year about the NASA part of their business, and I was told their main focus is firearms. They are in the process of opening up a new facility which should double their current production.

SPCAS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and my buddies did the same thing at the Keltec booth. We were probably there for 10-15m quizzing them on production and quality control. Heck, I just seen my first KSG in the wild about 2 weeks before the show and they had it at Shotshow in 2011.

Latest posts

Top Bottom