Shotgun gurus, harken.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was recently left a couple of old shotguns by my last uncle. Actually, he left me several old "family" guns, plus these two which don't fall in that favored category. Anyway, I decided to just sell them. One is a nice old Remington 870 (12 ga) from 1951 and the other is a Winchester Model 37 (20 ga), date unknown.

As I was writing up my ad to place these in the classifieds, I began to think that I just might keep the 37, figuring a single shot wouldn't be worth more that $100-$150. Anyway, I did a little Google research and to my surprise they're worth more than that.

My inspection convinces me that they are constructed better than the normal single shot you see out there. Anybody out there had any experience with them?

By the way, the "family" guns included a Remington 241 .22lr and a Winchester 67 .22lr. Cool old guns.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, looks like I'm not the only one not familiar with a Model 37 Steelbuilt. I'm tempted to keep it, even though I have no real use for it. Decisions, decisions.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The winchester model 67 was my first gun. They have really narrow, fine sights, and they are a tack driver in the right person's hands. Any chance you will be selling it? Whoops, went back and reread your post before submitting mine. Hope you enjoy the model 67. What condition is the 870 in?

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I killed my first squirrel back in about 1945 with that Model 67; the first of many squirrels, rabbits, quail, etc. I'll be keeping that one till I die.

The 870 is in the classified under "2 rifles, 2 shotgauns", but I'm very close to keeping it, too, just because you can never tell.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My model 67 is one of the junkiest guns that I own. I mean that gun is rough as a cob, but it was my first gun and it belonged to an awesome uncle who is no longer with us. I will own it until I die.

Latest posts

Top Bottom