Shtf family logistics/movement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this topic has a rather dark undertone and a lot of hypothetical scenarios but I had a discussion with a few different people not on here and the answers were all over the place so I figured I'd see what ya'all had to say.
So here goes.
In the case of either short term or long term catastrophic event whether it be Zombies(undead or antifa type), emp, Political scumbelly induced mutual destruction amongst countries, weather or whatever else.
What are your plans/ideas to keep those in your care safe when they are not able to either "bug out" or travel long distances at a time by foot? I'm referring to either children, disabled(physically or mentally) or just well beyond their prime.
This isn't a post to judge decisions that would possibly have to be made just a discussion of what you would theoretically do.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taking my situation into account I would have to "bug in" due to an overland on foot journey would be very rough with younger children and having a few elderly friends in my neighborhood I would self impose responsibility to assist them in a nasty situation. Going out location this could be a very dangerous endeavor given the actions most would take in a "shtf" event.
One good thing is everyone is located within 4 linear blocks of one another.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I moved into this neighborhood I was the "middle-aged single mom with teenagers". Everybody else was either a young family or elderly. I prepped with an eye towards thinking I would be helping both the younger families, and more specifically taking care of 4 of my elderly neighbors. All of the "young families" are now "middle-aged" with no kids at home, and a couple of them have screwed me over royally. One neighbor is a downright thief. And the elderly people I had always planned on taking care of have passed. So, my generous attitude towards helping one's neighbors has changed drastically. I will take care of Grumpy. There is a contractor who lives at the end of the block -- his daughter and her husband live next door to him. I am more than glad to work with these guys and their families, but that's it. Well, and the young kids next door, but I imagine they will go to their families' homes over in Little Mexico. Everybody else is gonna be aghast but ... Oh well ... Just gonna return a few favors, if the opportunity ever presents itself.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
China hackers are already inside our computer operated systems, Electric, Water, etc. Just waiting for the right time. The Brass already knows this and are scrambling to fix it without much reward so far.
When they decide to attack, the hackers can shut down communication at military bases and worse.
Plan to learn to speak Chinese. I believe it will happen before the next election.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am prepared to bug out or bug in whichever seems the right move at the time. I can live bugged in with self sufficient and fairly perpetual food etc as long as the ammo holds out. If big out is called for I have the off grid cabin on 80 acres about a hour away ready to fill the need with adequate hunting etc Again as long as the ammo holds out.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
China hackers are already inside our computer operated systems, Electric, Water, etc. Just waiting for the right time. The Brass already knows this and are scrambling to fix it without much reward so far.
When they decide to attack, the hackers can shut down communication at military bases and worse.
Plan to learn to speak Chinese. I believe it will happen before the next election.

The one coming in November?? THAT election?? Man ... I dunno ... That seems a bit ... Ambitious ... But I've been wrong before. 🤷

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m planning on dying in any major event.

Hunting and fishing wont last long. Too many people doing it. People seem to forget how bad game was in the early 1900s and that was with far fewer people. Need to form large groups, for protection, etc. That just doesnt sound fun

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom