Sighting Bow in!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Although hitting a paper plate at a known 50yds is no great trick, I have never shot at a deer beyond 30 yards with a bow.

Well I have. I shot a little doe at 54 yards about 5 years ago. I use to shoot everyday all day. And on the weekends I competed in 3d archery. And your right, just a little bit off makes a huge difference. My shot was right on but the deer hear the string noise and barely move forward before the arrow hit and resulted in a GUT shot. I will never shoot over 30 (er maybe 40) yards again.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ditto on the 0-25 and another for 35.

I don't shoot past 35 in the woods. To many factors for my skill level to make a clean shot/kill.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
0. All instinctive. It's just hand/eye coordination, same as pointing your finger.

When I was shooting a compound I had a 20yd. and 30yd. pin.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 5 pins on my bow, i only use three of them. top pin is 20 yards, 30, and 40. i have shot farther than that, and actually had at one time the very bottom pin set to 90 yards just for fun shooting at a target. i would never take a shot over 50 yards in the woods.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bowtech extreme VFT pins at 25-35-45 I can shoot pretty accurately with that setup out to 55. Probably wouldn't take a shot past 45 though unless there was enough background noise to reduce chance of the deer hearing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom