Single thing that changed weapons forever?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the one thing that has changes weapons forever?

• Interchangeable parts (AR-15 for example)

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • improvements in optics

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Ammunition Improvements

Votes: 62 52.5%
  • Explosives Improvements

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Other

Votes: 30 25.4%

• Total voters

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In your opinion what is the single thing that has had the most influence or change in weaponry since roughly the 1900's? Keep in mind that this is pre-WWII but also had cased ammunition, full autos, explosives, ect.

This could be an Item, Weapon, or accessories, or even a manufacture. Put on your thinkin caps!

I'll start a poll with a few thoughts but explain why you choose what you do!

Im by no means an expert on combat or weapons but I think this is an interesting topic and I think there is alot to be learned from other opinions.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Simply the preloaded cartridge. Even putting the obvious aside, this opened doors and minds to amazing leaps in arms technology and advancement.

Kryxar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In your opinion what is the single thing that has had the most influence or change in weaponry since roughly the 1900's? Keep in mind that this is pre-WWII but also had cased ammunition, full autos, explosives, ect.

Since you've eliminated metallic cartridge, I'm going with either missile guidance systems, or nuclear fission.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The M1 Garand....first mass produce-able, reliable, accurate and effective, single-man portable autoloading rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom