Slugs...what are you shooting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always shot 12ga 2 3/4 Lightfield Hybred EXP's with great accuracy out to 100 yards but have been looking for a jacketed slug. The lightfields are a non jacket lead sabot slug. They are devistating, but i dont care for all tge fragmentation upon impact. I gave shot federal blue tip sabot slug with poor results.

I am looking at trying the Remington accutips or the hornady slugs. Im shooting a mossy 500 with rifled barrel.

Any input? Slug are very exp and i didnt want to waste money and get thumped sighting it in for no reason

Thanks guys and gals

Ps anyone see the savage bolt action slug gun? I want one bad.....

Brian D

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot a mossy 835 with rifled barrel.Winchester partition golds and federal barnes expanders both shot equally accurate in my gun.I shot the winchesters more often because the damage it creates on impact is noticable more.Hope this helps.I put a blackhawk stock on it this year to try and help the recoil.Havent run any slugs thru it yet,but will post my impression when i do.Hope its worth the $150 !!!!!!

raymill

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also hunt on FT Sill, and have never shot slugs before. I was wondering what to use in my Benelli Nova smoothbore and what chokes to use.

Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom