Smokeless tobacco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know you do... I am addicted to the speed now as well. Would be interested to see your parts list when you are done, I played hell trying to find the parts to build one a few months ago!!
All I need is the barrel and BCG. Lower is complete with Timney 3lb trigger, and a Nordic upper waiting on the barrel. I know where one has been sitting for awhile. He might part with it if I'm lucky.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well crap! I just realized I won't be saving anywhere near that! I started chewing Stokers about 6 yrs ago. Bought it in a tub equivalent to 10 cans. It used to be $1 a can. Currently $1.69 a can. I guess that'll be about $1k for a year. I wish I would've had the insight to realize chewing Copenhagen would result in greater savings!

Now see, if you had lied about what you were using, you could have been better off, moneywise. But, if you quit, you are even far better off. Good health is almost priceless.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife made me switch from Copenhagen to stokers or longhorn a long time ago for the cost it was either that or quit I didn’t think I could quit so I switched looks like I should of tried lol

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife made me switch from Copenhagen to stokers or longhorn a long time ago for the cost it was either that or quit I didn’t think I could quit so I switched looks like I should of tried lol

Wives have a "sense" of something that affects us. After 20 years or so of smoking, my wife suggested that I try smoking a pipe instead of cigarettes. She could "handle" the odor from the pipe smoke better than the cigarette smoke, so I switched to a pipe for the last 20 years or so that I smoked. The pipe turned out to be a lot cheaper than buying cartons of cigarettes.

I'm still encouraging those of you trying to quit, like I said above, good health is almost priceless.

Hang in there.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hang in there guys. It took several attempts before I was able to quit for good. I still want it, just not badly enough to throw away the effort I've put in.

Don't get hung up on dates or milestones. Focusing on those only served to focus me on the Cope. Seems like every time I broke down and bought a can, it was leading up to a one day, week or month "anniversary". I know that I'm coming up on a year Cope-free, but I don't know exactly when it's going to happen.

Every time you beat down the urge, it's a win. Focus on and savor all of those little victories. Don't look at it as another time that you've deprived yourself. Don't worry about all the opportunities to give in between now and the next "milestone". If you kicked its ass two minutes ago, you just keep on doing that and eventually two minutes will become two hours, two days, two weeks...you get the idea.

Keep up the good work!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hang in there guys. It took several attempts before I was able to quit for good. I still want it, just not badly enough to throw away the effort I've put in.

Great point! One of the things that get you through is the fact that if you cave, you've wasted all the "suffering" you've endured.

Latest posts

Top Bottom