Snake Gaiters or Boots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got access to land in sw Oklahoma this year and I'm crossing paths with a lot of rattlers down there. Had a close call today and decided its time to get some gaiters or snake proof boots. Anybody have a recommendation of what to get? Thanks for any input guys!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't like those lace up to the knee boots like that, I find them very uncomfortable around the lower leg and it's always a constant battle trying to the get the pant, lace, boot tension just right.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been wearing these but I think they are too short for tall folks. You may be happy with them, they are comfortable. I worry more about getting bit on the torso or arms while ascending/descending creek banks or steep hills. I think my next set will be chaps.

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_30271_-1?cm_mmc=pla-_-Apparel+Hunting+Camo+Clothes+Camo+Belts+Suspenders+Accessories-_-Google-_-ForEverlast+Mossy+Oak+Break-Up+Camo+Snake+Guard+Shield&kwid=productads-plaid%5E140854072158-sku%5E009674342-adType%5EPLA-device%5Et-adid%5E77005895598

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got these shopping.jpg

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a couple pair of snake boots and love them. One feature I found that should be required is to have both zipper and laces. Zipper for speed, laces for adjusting. If you only have zipper, you can't lace them up tighter in areas you need more support, but if you only have laces, it can take forever to get them on and all laced up in a hurry. Make sure they are good and waterproof, not just resistant. Pays off during turkey season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom