snow hunting!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOTLDPONY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IS anyone going to hunt the snow? from what I have read as I have never hunted the snow is that the deer will have to dig for there food, so hunt over the feeders as it will be easy food for them?! im going to raise my feed amount when I get there from 2 sec to 5 sec. give them little more to eat at this current time of need.

I should be out here in the next hour to see whats out moving hope I can stay warm.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Hunted the snow just a few times in OK for deer, and usually see very little activity until it warms up or snow melts. Seems like the deer know it won't last for long. Maybe others have experienced differently, but ths deer here don't just move all day in search of food like they do in Iowa on the hunting shows. Rabbit hunting in the snow is great though, so is pheasant if your working behind a good set of dogs.

mikear

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the blind. Haven't seen much morning or evening since the front moved through Wednesday early morning. I'm trying to be optimistic as they have got to eat sometime, right?

BOTLDPONY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea! stay positive! They have to eat especially when temps get low burn more calories to stay warm. So im headed to the feeder as we speak and going to crank it up to 10 sec lol everything is covered so this should be a easy quick meal for them, otherwise they will be digging up acorns one at a time that should take some time.
Good Luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom