snow hunting!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikear

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
anyone seeing anything this morning? I am not able to go yet but will be out early this afternoon, and hopefully most of day tomorrow. will check all the cams tonight see what has been going on.

I saw nothing this morning. What I saw early in the week on the adjacent property was deer feeding in the wheat field. I haven't gotten a single photo of a deer over corn since Wednesday. I'm going to my other stand in a wheat field this evening to see what happens.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was out a little yesterday and only saw 1 set of tracks moving. Didn't even see any coyote or cat tracs. Couple bunnys and 1 deer was it for tracks. No deer sighted.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buddy got one yesterday in the snow..
Drove the 4 wheeler to the 1/2 way spot then got off and walked...looked around and seen some fresh trails in the snow just on the outside of the treeline...
Then he had to take a wizz really bad..set the gun against a tree unclothed 3 layers to let cold willie out and out of the corner of his eye he catches a glimpse of a deer!!!!
He hurries 4 paces to his 30-06 pump as wizz is flowing and pants and coveralls are down and getting soaked.
Got that little buck..
OH do not eat yellow snow! :spaghetti:

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was a rough drive even with 4wd abs a cold sit. I opted to sit over the feeder versus sneaking into the bedding area. Neighbors were being pretty loud the whole time. Didn't see a deer. Checked the camera and since Wednesday, I've had a group of 3 does and a single doe two night around 11pm. Ugh

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to the shop early this morning and there were bunny tracks everywhere!

I didn't have any bunny loads, so I got out my trusty recipe book, and loaded up a dozen light 12 ga. loads. As much time as I spent out though, I should have grabbed my wife's little lightweight 20 ga...

I put on a long sleeved shirt, cap and hoodie jacket, grabbed one of my cocker spaniels and away we went...

We looked in every brush top, hollow tree, creek bottom, briar patch, and everywhere we thought there might be a bunny but, no bunny was to be found anywhere. We hunted for 6 solid hours and not a single bunny! Couldn't believe it! We jumped eight bedded down deer, saw two squirrels, three coons, one denned up coyote, a half grown bobcat and still, no bunny...

Then, low and behold - we spot two bunnies AFTER we get back! They are both sitting on the front porch, cuddled up to each other. My spaniel and I watch them for about half a minute, they leave the porch and run up under my shop. We just look at each other and decide to go ahead and call it a day. I've got a pot of deer stew on the stove heating up, and a couple of homemade biscuits in the oven. When everything is done and my spaniel and I get our tummy's full and warm, I'll get the shotgun wiped and oiled down, and I'll think we'll call it a day. All in all though, even though we didn't get a bunny, it was still a blessing to just be able to get out for a little while, and spend time with my four legged boy....

Latest posts

Top Bottom