So Much for Bud's Gun Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered a gun on Monday February 6th, believing from all the reviews on Buds that I would easily have my gun by the 13th, my 21st birthday. Monday came and went with my order still "processing." Finally on Wednesday (8th business day) my order status updated to "shipping. I expected a tracking number to follow shortly. Yet here we are on biz day 10 and no update. By Bud's logic, it took 8 days to walk to the back of the warehouse and pick up my gun, and Lord knows how long it'll take to put it in a box and send it to Arkansas. I've contacted them for a tracking number with still no response. Here we are nearing the close of business today and my order is still in limbo. If I'm lucky they'll ship it tonight, but I expect them to wait until next week. My FFL is closed on Wednesday and Thursday, so at the earlier I can hopefully get my gun on Friday, 18 days after I gave Buds my money.

I can understand a high volume of customers causing delays, but this isn't exactly the peak time of the year. I work in retail, and I know that we can't sell anything if we don't have sales associates on hand to help customers. If Buds has so many orders that it takes them 10+ days to go from their warehouse to UPS then they need to hire some more workers. That, or they simply don't have the gun in stock and I've been lied to while helping their cash flow.

Either way, I'm pretty pissed. I want my gun, but my luck it'll probably have a noticeable problem and I'll have to deal with returning it. Double the time.

I'm done with Bud's Gun Shop. In the three weeks it will take me to get my gun, I could've made enough money to easily cover the cost of buying local.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I ask why the rush for it? I understand wanting it now because they cashed your check but really why the rush? I think you are on the right track with buying local. If you are someone who buys online and shops for weeks to find the absolute most rock bottom price you can and then complain about the service I think you should be buying FTF locally.

That being said I have only bought through Bud's once and their communication was outstanding and the gun was at my FFL inside of two weeks if I recall. Two weeks might be unacceptable to some, I will admit that I was getting antsy when I didn't have it within a week. Have you tried picking up the phone and calling them? That's a good way to get the immediate answers you seek. Emails are easy to ignore, pick up the phone. I buy through Cheaperthandirt if I can. Their shipping has always been stellar for me.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I ask why the rush for it? I understand wanting it now because they cashed your check but really why the rush? I think you are on the right track with buying local. If you are someone who buys online and shops for weeks to find the absolute most rock bottom price you can and then complain about the service I think you should be buying FTF locally.

That being said I have only bought through Bud's once and their communication was outstanding and the gun was at my FFL inside of two weeks if I recall. Two weeks might be unacceptable to some, I will admit that I was getting antsy when I didn't have it within a week. Have you tried picking up the phone and calling them? That's a good way to get the immediate answers you seek. Emails are easy to ignore, pick up the phone. I buy through Cheaperthandirt if I can. Their shipping has always been stellar for me.
i can see why he wants his gun. i would.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want my gun because that click of the mouse was the culmination on 2 months of hard research for my first handgun purchase. The way Buds is represented on the website, they ship everything instantly. I thought that 3-7 days was just a way of covering themselves. Supposedly though, they handpick which reviews they publish on their website. Which is why no one complained about slow shipping.

I've tried calling them, don't have enough time to sit on hold. And their hold recording recommends emailing them for faster service. So if that's true I should expect to be on hold for 36 hours, because it's been that long since I emailed them. So much for a "prompt response."

OSU

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had no issues with Buds. Best pricing and mine got to me in a little over a week. I enrolled in VIP which most guns ship same day now. The last gun i purchased from them was back in august I bought a Ruger SR9c paid 399.99 (free ship) $410 out the door with FFL transfer. The cheapest I could find around here was $440 + tax. Which would have been about $480 otd. That being said I still received it in around 10 days...
I heavily oppose sales tax on internet transactions but i could see where it could hurt local busineses. I tried to buy it local and was even prepared to swallow the sales tax. I asked a few gun shops if they would be willing to match the $410 (pretax) they all said no, one even told me that "this is like wal-mart, the price you see is the price you pay" So its their loss, i don't see the point in paying an extra $70 just to keep it local or get it that day. Especially when the salesmen has that kind of attitude.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bud's generally gives you a good deal for the money and has always been honest with me. If you want it quick, buy it locally... and usually pay lots more.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps they didn't process the order until you actually turned 21(Feb 13th).

Good call!.....I've order in the area of 7 guns from Buds, and have been nothing but pleased.....Great Service! Now I order on Buds Police Supply most of the time, but have ordered on their regular side as well.

Hmmmm.....sell gun to underage person and lose license or they just wait......okay they just wait. Be patient my friend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom