Some Things Never Change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you, but I’m the furthest thing from an OU fan. In fact the only thing I dislike more than OU is bullsh*t laws with no victim. One of which is public intox.

And your point is? Do you think an athlete of any team should be punished for being intoxicated during the season he or she is supposed to be maintaining themselves in peak physical condition?

One could also argue that public intox is not a victimless crime but we can save that for another time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is exactly what I’m asking. If you are the coach of a team striving to be the best in the nation and one of your starting players is arrested for public intoxication what action, if any, would you take? I’m not sure how I can make it any simpler but thanks for copying and pasting the rules I posted earlier. If I were the head coach of ANY college team he would be sitting out Saturday. Just my opinion, the replies of all but one of you pretty much sum up that most of you either disagree or are too shy to share you’re opinion.

Hmm.... I’d either go with “destroy him in practice” or a one game suspension. FWIW, it’s entirely possible to PT someone so hard that they’d rather miss a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
yup, watching the world burn with a tub of popcorn.

I hope you don’t have butter on it. That comes from cows and the “Dimocrats” don’t like cows now. Popcorn is ok though unless you popped it using electricity or fossil fuel.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Hmm.... I’d either go with “destroy him in practice” or a one game suspension. FWIW, it’s entirely possible to PT someone so hard that they’d rather miss a game.

Good point although I think missing a game would be a better choice in this instance.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you don’t have butter on it. That comes from cows and the “Dimocrats” don’t like cows now. Popcorn is ok though unless you popped it using electricity or fossil fuel.

It takes a bunch of diesel smoke to make popcorn possible.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good point although I think missing a game would be a better choice in this instance.

I dunno, if I were a coach, I’d try to make a judgment call on what would actually make him think twice next time. What’s going to really make the lesson sink in? If he’s highly motivated by being the starter, then a one game sit down might do the trick.

Otherwise his body would hurt for a week after I was done with him in practice.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh you know I have to have me some butter, and use a huge old fashioned mega watt using electric popcorn popper like this one. Call it the AOC special.:popcorn:
iu

Latest posts

Top Bottom