SONIC CEO hosts Bill Clinton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
That's as stupid as the folks who tried to get Dan and Al fired when they posted a Run and Gun target painted in a rainbow.

Thanks for the reminder about this, I needed a good laugh today. I can't help but think about the classic TLO post about the neckbeards in nuthuggers and LMFAO every time this is brought up:

http://www.thelostogle.com/2015/07/07/the-pawnee-summer-run-n-gun-has-interesting-shooting-targets/

Ridicule may be the best response to stupidity, all things considered. Funny usually trumps angry.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can do what you what. I'm talking about integrity of argument.

If it's not okay to boycott one company because the owner holds certain beliefs and runs his company a certain way, then it shouldn't be ok to boycott another company for the same reason, just because you disagree with the owner's beliefs.

Has Sonic discriminated against republicans or conservatives? Or is the owner just exercising his personal freedoms?

It's certainly ok to not shop there if you choose. I'm speaking to those calling for boycotts and seeking the man's personal destruction. That's as stupid as the folks who tried to get Dan and Al fired when they posted a Run and Gun target painted in a rainbow.

Again... the personal beliefs of a company owner vs the activity of a company actively supporting a candidate/family. It's a simple difference. You can't or don't want to differentiate it. That's fine.

LGBT activists did and have continued to actively attempt to destroy a good company because of the personal Christian beliefs of the owner. Yet those on the opposite side of Sonic's issue have said (at least here), "I'll go elsewhere". Again, you don't see any difference.

Willful obtusity. Sorry. It's not argument integrity, it's your desire to draw parallels that do not exist.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I completely missed where this private fundraising event was a Sonic event facilitated directly with Sonic money. Everything I read indicates this was a private function hosted by the CEO and his wife. Which would make it akin to "the personal beliefs of a company owner"....or actually a company executive.

Does anyone have evidence to the contrary?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder about this, I needed a good laugh today. I can't help but think about the classic TLO post about the neckbeards in nuthuggers and LMFAO every time this is brought up:

http://www.thelostogle.com/2015/07/07/the-pawnee-summer-run-n-gun-has-interesting-shooting-targets/

Ridicule may be the best response to stupidity, all things considered. Funny usually trumps angry.

"It's cool to see that two gay men can be out and open and proud..."

LMFAO

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I completely missed where this private fundraising event was a Sonic event facilitated directly with Sonic money. Everything I read indicates this was a private function hosted by the CEO and his wife. Which would make it akin to "the personal beliefs of a company owner"....or actually a company executive.

Does anyone have evidence to the contrary?

I don't know, I didn't deem it worthy to do any research on the matter. But regardless, I won't support him based on those political leanings nor his 2A stance he has proscribed for his business. However, again, as I've said... it's about the severity of the offense and the response. You don't make any distinction in that regard. I do. Simple. Go buy some footlong coneys and let your money speak your conscience. As will I.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a link to help research corporations who's employees and PACs have given to Clinton or her candidate committee. It includes Dish Network, Dreamworks Pictures and a host of other everyday companies.

I'll expect them to be held to the same standard as Sonic LOL!!!

https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/contrib.php?id=N00000019&cycle=2016&type=f&src=b

And I'll expect you to continue to be a tool. ;) Like I said... I vote my conscience and spend my conscience. You do the same. Seeing as how you're the one who has completely blown this out of proportion when people here said, "I think I'll spend my money elsewhere." Trying to compare that to the Chick Fil A witchunt is laughable and utterly and completely intellectually dishonest. Enjoy yourself.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you don't actually have real moral conviction in the matter then...It's just convenient to bash Sonic because you don't eat there anyway.

Will you take the time to look at the contribution list and apply some consistency? Or will you be the "tool" you accuse me of being LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom