Spirit aero tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've worked there for the last 4 years as a bonder. The senior management on the 787 program is all from Wichita. They were failures there and they are failures here.The benefits are great and the pay is good. I guess it depends which program you are put on. I'm on the 787 program.

The Oklahoma operations are up for sale, so maybe the new owners won't have their heads up their a$$es and want to fix the many problems so this program can make some money.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of curiosity how many of you guys have ever been at a job you have been completely happy with the job AND management?

I had one of those jobs in high school, I just think that most jobs are what yYOU make of them.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think most people like their job/work, but after time,
Repetive stupid decisions by management drives employees crazy.
We've had about 20 guys in my hangar quit in the last year.
One can only take so many pay and benefits cuts, and work rule changes before you've had enough.

cammeroonee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think most people like their job/work, but after time,
Repetive stupid decisions by management drives employees crazy.
We've had about 20 guys in my hangar quit in the last year.
One can only take so many pay and benefits cuts, and work rule changes before you've had enough.

This is exactly correct. I've work with the same company for 14 years and ability to deal with the changes has been easy to deal with. But now the depart head has changed from facilities manager to a engineering manager that is my age and has never worked in the field of facility maintenance but believes he knows the in's and out's of the department function. The problem is he is an educated idiot.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is exactly correct. I've work with the same company for 14 years and ability to deal with the changes has been easy to deal with. But now the depart head has changed from facilities manager to a engineering manager that is my age and has never worked in the field of facility maintenance but believes he knows the in's and out's of the department function. The problem is he is an educated idiot.

IMHO, you just described management at almost any workplace.

cammeroonee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your probably right. Company's see a any diploma and they think that will cover any situation. So i should get my bachelors degree in marine biology and become the department head over oil field supply company.

pb2624

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That Spirit location has the worst performance of all of the other Spirit locations; they were about to but cut loose however I think Spirit's largest customer may have had a hand in stopping that from happening. I know they haven't been accepting any new proposals lately

Latest posts

Top Bottom