Spirit Bank Event Center Will host SuperDaves Gun shows in 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just made a deal with the management team at the Spirit Bank Event Center in Tulsa/Broken Arrow. They have offered the building a staff at a very attractive price. They have also offered protection from the other promoters as far as scheduling other shows. The first date is in May, with more penciled in after depending on how the show goes. Parking will be reduced also. I know that it will take a little getting used to, a gun show not at the Expo Center. I think that I can turn this into a very good quality event.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is excellent news for those of us in Tulsa! Very convenient location, though access might be an issue since you'd be driving in past a lot of hotels, shops, and restaurants. Because of these businesses, parking can be a hassle unless you use the parking garage south of the center; I don't know what that costs but you'll need to keep that in mind.

Savastano's Pizza is right across from the center, with excellent fare including Chicago-style pizza where they shovel on the cheese, and they even have gnocchi :)

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope this works out for you Dave...

I setup at the very first show in that location and have done several RK shows there. Unfortunately, for whatever reason it didn't sound like it was much of a success for RK? I don't know the reasons why.

I hope you can make it successful. It's not too far off of the Creek Turnpike / 169 and there is a large base of high earning population in the area. Maybe just have to educate people that there is going to be a show there and not at the typical fairgrounds venues. In Tulsa, when people hear "gunshow", they automatically assume "fairgrounds".

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats awesome only 3 minutes from my house!!

speaking of food near by I dont recommend Dukes Southern Kitchen. It was pricey, took forever and didnt taste all that good. Savastano's is real good pizza.

mike

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope this works out for you Dave...

I setup at the very first show in that location and have done several RK shows there. Unfortunately, for whatever reason it didn't sound like it was much of a success for RK? I don't know the reasons why.

I hope you can make it successful. It's not too far off of the Creek Turnpike / 169 and there is a large base of high earning population in the area. Maybe just have to educate people that there is going to be a show there and not at the typical fairgrounds venues. In Tulsa, when people hear "gunshow", they automatically assume "fairgrounds".
I assume that it will take a couple shows to train the customers to come there. Plus a large amount of signs surrounding the fairgrounds telling people where to go

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this in South Tulsa / North Bixby?

Let me know when and I'll come help setup (I don't want any money - I just want to help this thing happen - we need more shows in that place).

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume that it will take a couple shows to train the customers to come there. Plus a large amount of signs surrounding the fairgrounds telling people where to go

Ya... perhaps RK didn't do a good job of letting people know where to go, that's kind of my suspicion. The people I know who setup at those shows always had a worthwhile show, so even with reduced crowds compared to the fairgrounds, at least there were buyers with money walking around.

I really hope it works good for you. It's closer to my house than the fairgrounds too and its a GREAT facility. Lot's of places to eat in the area too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom