Spring-less isometric operated AA2 bumpfire stock for Ruger 10/22. Pics and video.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Akins

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't live in a city, I live in Pasco county. Fl
Just returned home yesterday from the Shot Show in Las Vegas. Yet to come are lots of pics and videos of the Bumpski and AA2 bumpfire stocks in operation taken at the range in Vegas.

The spring-less AA2 (Akins Accelerator version 2) bumpfire stock videos of it in operation are up now. It is operated solely by human isometric muscle tension.
This video says it all......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxCX3UtqnJQ

Here's a peek at an accessory yet to come. A stationary, perforated barrel shroud that the barrel reciprocates back and forth in while the sights remain stationary on the shroud. These pics were taken back in 2006 right after I designed, built and tested the shroud for the first time on an original Akins Accelerator stock of mine. But the shroud will also fit the new springless AA2, giving it that PPSH look or more correctly Italian Beretta sub gun from WW2 look. Have yet to test it with a drum mag. Not in production yet but coming.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Another peek of a not yet available 3rd prototype design of mine for a mini MG dress up kit for the Ruger 10/22 that utilizes crank fire operation. No pics yet of my mini thimble thumb crank between the spade grips that will allow you to literally twiddle your thumbs to crank fire it while both your hands remain on the grips. I designed it to be convertible in seconds from a truly water cooled version to a perforated shroud air cooled version and also to fit onto any camera tripod. Can be adapted to fit MG tripods too. When GSG gets their 110 rd drum mags finally imported to the U.S., it will be even more fun to shoot than with 50 rounders and will really justify the water cooled version. This 3rd prototype is about finished but will still be a little while until available.
[Broken External Image]

OkieTac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there any way you guys could have made it any uglier? That thing looks pretty terrible.

Troll much?

Form follows function in my book. I like what you've produced, Bill. My only concern is the price point being way above the Slidefire (I know...different platforms, but still the comparison will be made). Thanks for stopping by and showing us the new wares.

Bill Akins

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't live in a city, I live in Pasco county. Fl
Troll much?

Form follows function in my book. I like what you've produced, Bill. My only concern is the price point being way above the Slidefire (I know...different platforms, but still the comparison will be made). Thanks for stopping by and showing us the new wares.

Thanks OkieTac. Glad you liked it and thanks for being so nice to thank me for stopping by and for my posting about it. Just so everyone will know, Fostech Outdoors bought my patent from me and they now own my patent, and they market that product and set that price.

Another thing many people don't realize, is that the Kidds trigger pack that enables consistent operation costs Fostech Outdoors $300.00 for each one. That's what Fostech Outdoors has to pay for it and that cost for the included Kidd's trigger pack is included in the total cost of the stock. So the actual stock's price is actually about half the price people think it is. $300.00 of the price is for the Kidd's trigger pack.
Fostech is only getting about $350.00 per stock. Deduct manufacturing, marketing and whatever other costs are included in bringing their product to market, and you can readily see that their profit margin is based on a pricing cost of about $350.00 since they have to pay $300.00 for the Kidd's trigger pack themselves. They don't make a profit on that $300.00 Kidd's trigger pack, but that cost is passed on to the customer.

Fostech Outdoors will not sell the stock without the Kidd's trigger pack because they don't want customer complaints caused by factory Ruger trigger packs causing inconsistent operation. With a well worn in 10/22 trigger pack it might
work fine, or even with other manufacturer's trigger packs, or with a Volquartsen hammer. But none of that is assured and with each individual customer's trigger, with some being slightly different from others with factory Ruger models or other aftermarket trigger packs, through experimentation Fostech has determined that the Kidd's trigger pack offers consistent operation that has not been found to be their experience with other triggers.

Fostech Outdoors may likely work with me to use some of my other designs in the future. But I sold them my patent for bumpfire stocks and what they market under that patent or what prices they sell products for is up to them. I am simply posting about their product because I like it, I invented it, and they were nice enough to outright buy my patent from me. But it is Fostech Outdoor's product and patent now.

I would however like to point out that NFA type collectors and users have only one option for a full auto 10/22 (unless they are an SOT and can make their own full auto 10/22). And that is for them to buy a pre-86 Norrell trigger pack that costs over $8000.00 just for the regulated full auto trigger pack. The Fostech Outdoors AA2 bumpfire stock targets the average 10/22 owner because that average 10/22 owner will not pay over $8000.00 for a regulated full auto Norrell trigger pack. But many average 10/22 owners will be happy to pay Fostech's tiny fraction of that price for a semi-auto, unregulated, bumpfire stock that simulates full auto and fires at about the same cyclic rate of fire as the Norrell trigger pack does.

It may not be a product for everyone, but considering the low cost compared to an $8000.00 full auto trigger pack, hopefully people will be grateful, not only to myself for originally inventing it, but for Fostech Outdoors (who now owns the patent) marketing something to 10/22 owners that is affordable for the average Ruger 10/22 owner.

OkieTac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get why it is here and it's a cool idea i guess, but why did you have to make it look so crappy? It can have the same function and not look like hammered doo doo.

If you don't like the way it looks, you don't have to buy one. Hell, you don't even have to borrow its likeness to put on the back of your T-shirts if you don't want to.
Moreover, you don't have to be rude to a guy that has put a lot of time and effort into his product just because it doesn't happen to please your aesthetic.
Finally, if you have to display an "owned" sign every time you think you're being clever, you're probably not.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you don't like the way it looks, you don't have to buy one. Hell, you don't even have to borrow its likeness to put on the back of your T-shirts if you don't want to.
Moreover, you don't have to be rude to a guy that has put a lot of time and effort into his product just because it doesn't happen to please your aesthetic.
Finally, if you have to display an "owned" sign every time you think you're being clever, you're probably not.

Learn to ignore Dustin. He's the resident smartass. He thrives on people getting offended by the comments he makes.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm sorry if I've offended you. I am glad I'm allowed to comment on how it looks. I dont have a problem telling someone what I think. I'm an honest guy. If I don't like it other people might not as well. If people don't like the way something looks it might get changed. You're right I don't have to buy one and I won't. It comes with a $300 trigger pack. Great, I'd rather it ran on a factory gun so I didn't need a $300 trigger.

The comment about me being rude to Bill is laughable. If you want to see rude look at how Bill talked to Dave in the other thread.

Might be time to put on your big boy pants. Might keep you from getting butthurt every time someone calls an ugly stock ugly. The stock on my mkii is hideous. I hope Fostech Outdoors Co Inc LLC doesn't own the patent to it. I wouldn't want people to think I was being rude.

Learn to ignore Dustin. He's the resident smartass. He thrives on people getting offended by the comments he makes.

And Matt is another member hear with a sensitive feeler.

Latest posts

Top Bottom