State of Washington passed universal background checks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in 2012 in okc an off duty officer who was working security at a gunshow suspected one of the guys who bought a firearm shouldnt have it called another leo who pulled over the vehicle he was in. found he was a felon.

in 2014 another guy was arrested for selling firearms and being a felon.

i have no problem doing a background check. they dont prevent me from owning firearms. and if you want to continue to own them then dont commit a crime.

it is cheaper to buy a firearm on arms list then the back alley.

http://newsok.com/gang-member-sente...ols-at-oklahoma-city-gun-show/article/3746425
http://kfor.com/2014/03/04/convicte...trying-to-sell-dozens-of-weapons-at-gun-show/

I just re-read my copy of the Constitution and couldn't find the part about "if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear" anywhere.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
in 2012 in okc an off duty officer who was working security at a gunshow suspected one of the guys who bought a firearm shouldnt have it called another leo who pulled over the vehicle he was in. found he was a felon.

in 2014 another guy was arrested for selling firearms and being a felon.

i have no problem doing a background check. they dont prevent me from owning firearms. and if you want to continue to own them then dont commit a crime.

it is cheaper to buy a firearm on arms list then the back alley.

http://newsok.com/gang-member-sente...ols-at-oklahoma-city-gun-show/article/3746425
http://kfor.com/2014/03/04/convicte...trying-to-sell-dozens-of-weapons-at-gun-show/

Strawman...

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, I'll see your "no background checks" and raise you a "repeal the prohibition on felons in possession." It makes me sick to see situations like one of my clients', who is a little gal who caught a felony rap years ago for telling a cop her boyfriend's dope was hers, and now has a violently abusive ex stalking her and she is defenseless, because the State denies the right to self defense to that whole class of people, even those convicted of victimless BS. I'm not supposed to counsel people to break the law, but I told her to keep things in proper perspective regarding your life versus doing what the government tells you to.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, didn't take you guys too long to lynch that member...

After reading his reply, I don't get the impression he's favoring universal backgrounds... I get the feeling that if the gov did pass such legislation, he wouldn't have an issue buying a gun.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Obama is going to use an Executive Order to close the gun show loophole since the Dems got voted out? He could do that if he wanted to.

How could he do that? Or more specifically what portion of existing federal firearms law would give him the authorization to do so?

What specific action do you envision this executive order would direct the BATFE to do that would affect private transfers?

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, didn't take you guys too long to lynch that member...

After reading his reply, I don't get the impression he's favoring universal backgrounds... I get the feeling that if the gov did pass such legislation, he wouldn't have an issue buying a gun.

Yeah, you're right. He makes several very good points.

No, actually, he doesn't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom