Stephen Colbert to replace David Letterman on "Late Show"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's so funny. Can't believe my favorite show of 9 years is going to go off air.

I'm not even sure I've ever seen Colbert out of character. So I have no clue how funny he will or will not be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat. He has stated that he won't be doing the show in character so we can't be sure if we'll like him or not.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love Colbert, he's hilarious. He does a fantastic job at pointing out the ridiculous and hypocritical behavior of politicians. It's staggering how incredibly stupid and ignorant many of these politicians are on the subjects they so smugly pass laws on. Colbert does a great job of showing the real politicians and not the image they pay so much to maintain, sort of a comedic checks and balance.

I'm curious to see how he'll transition to a comedy style that doesn't focus completely on the government. I liked Letterman during most of his time on the show but towards the end, not so much.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. He has stated that he won't be doing the show in character so we can't be sure if we'll like him or not.
I heard him out of character on NPR's Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me a few years ago. I'm not sure if it was an improvement, but I haven't really heard anything out of him in character that I found entertaining...

Latest posts

Top Bottom