Stillwater junior high shooting this morning....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The facts are coming out. The boy was bullied and he he obviously had some trouble dealing with it. If you see his picture, you can see where some jackass could be pretty brutal. The kid had a bright orange 'fro, not saying that is where it came from, but we all know what kids can be like. I am redhead, and I was bullied, mostly for my weight. If kids had taken to the whole "Ginger" thing like they have now, it would have been even more brutal. Instead, I just got punched in the arm everyday by one of the football team linemen. I was on the football and basketball teams too, but everybody loves the hate on the fat kid. I never thought about suicide, I imagined faking it a few times, just to see the looks on their faces, but I am too self-absorbed to hurt myself. Instead I used it as a tool to motivate myself to rise above that crap and be better than those people.

It is truly sad to see a child take away their own chance to grow up. Life gets better. Those bullies peak in high school, they typically end up nobodys. It is the nerds that get picked on that become something, but I know how hard it can be to believe that when you are 13, hitting puberty, all those emotions and testosterone building in your body. Zits, awkwardness, not feeling like you fit into your own body, that is the hardest age and everyone is going through it and so many kids cope by pointing out other's flaws to take attention away from their own.

This kid likely felt he would show those kids what they did to him. The problem with that theory is 1- you aren't there to reap the reward, and 2- The kids who bully, they don't give a shizz about you in the first place. It won't have much effect on them, not now. 15 years from now, when they are all growed up, they may realize that they indirectly caused this kid to do this, but then they will just go back to checking out customers at the quick mart where they work.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel bad for the kid's family and all the other kids that have to live with this trauma, but I feel no sympathy for the suicide. Does that make me a bad person?
No, that comment isn't what makes you a bad person - it's the thought-process behind it. WTF made you think that comment was even worth typing? I hope you don't have any kids of your own.

Sad when anyone takes their life but even sadder when its someone that young and innocent. All you dads on here hug your kids today and it might be perfect time to have a talk with them and ask them how they are doing.

This.

SwampPapa

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's sad that my second thougt was exactly this. With so many active shooter scenarios lately, it's getting depressing. Obviously this young man was in need of assistance and didn't feel he could get it. Prayers to everyone involved. :(

same here and it slipped out right there in the middle of the store. I walked into a doughnut shop about 2 blocks away from there, and saw it on the TV. One of the people in the store was texting with his daughter that was there.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad deal for sure, kid on the right...

Wish somebody would have helped him with the bullies. I had to deal with them at his age, glad I was able to take the punishment.

Poor kid....

localtvkfor.files.wordpress.com_2012_09_stillwater_shooting_fa107a4c4dabb6f0a7c093994a0db1eb7b.jpg

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard about it in my 6th hour. Its sad when anyone takes their own life. I just wonder how horrible things must be in your head to take your own life? Things must be pretty bad to want to end it all yourself.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know some great parents who were the victim of their adult's sons suicide. It wasn't their fault. Another friend who is a 34 year old man lost his 50 something year old stepmother to suicide and nobody saw it coming. She struggled with alcoholism but almost no one knew it and she appeared completely happy to most around her. There may be something to learn from this tragedy but more often than not, assigning blame is misguided and a waste of time. It would benefit us all to learn more about how to see this coming so that we may be able to intervene if the opportunity ever presents itself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom