Storing firearms and probation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why not just move your guns until the probation is over? You seem to be sure that everything will be ok when that happens so if it’s that good of a friend, make the short term sacrifice. I wouldn’t on my best day try to interpret the laws pertaining to this so I would also call a lawyer or just move them out if the friend was that important.

Good Luck

Republicanhack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are no firearms at the residence, the issue at hand is that there is a credible threat against someone in the household and there could come a time that the house needs to be defended so I am looking for a legal way that weapons can be stored on the premises. This has nothing to do with 2A rights or any of that garbage, this could very well be a life or death situation.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What part of I'm going to speak with the attorney who handled the case wasn't clear? Where did I say that I'm going to based livelihood on a response from an Internet forum? Sorry I didn't spell it out slower so you could understand, I'll try harder this time. Ok, I'm spelling this slowly so you will understand, I'm going to speak with the attorney who handled the case and go from there. Is that better? The reason I posted the question in the first place is because I thought that in a firearms community someone might have a statute that would be relevant, my mistake, I guess I should have posted a question like this on a cooking forum.

Don't get your panties in a wad. Just adding some emphasis to the good advice you've already been given. Rather than going on the defensive you should understand that every response you see in this thread is in one way or another trying to help you. :)

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are no firearms at the residence, the issue at hand is that there is a credible threat against someone in the household and there could come a time that the house needs to be defended so I am looking for a legal way that weapons can be stored on the premises. This has nothing to do with 2A rights or any of that garbage, this could very well be a life or death situation.

call 911

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remove said Felon from residence, keep your guns if there's a threat.
I know of no exception for your situation.
It's either keep the felon residing at home with no guns, or keep the guns with no felon.
The Felon is the one who will be in trouble if fire arms are present, not you.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey RH, I dont have any Legal, or binding . extremely phylisofical..(lol) advice.
But ,My experience, is the person with the felony..problems, is the one to get in trouble, (from the probation officer).
He said lock it in some kinda safe, if the alledged isnt causing the problems, it may not be a problem.
It would be an add-on or get even offence....and you know I'm not a lawyer, so use that as you may...
Good Luck, Be Careful

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Knives aren't regulated are they?? He could defend his and/or whoever's honor with a knife ... :anyone:

Or throwing stars ... I don't think they are regulated either but you'd have to ask a JBT ... or a lawyer ... :anyone:

I just don't know ... Again ... maybe, just maybe the couple of lawyers that have responded here can help you out. All I know is this is starting to get all Fifty Shades of Redneck1861 up in herrr, so maybe I'm not the best person to be trying to give a serious response anymore ... :rollingla

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Knives aren't regulated are they?? He could defend his and/or whoever's honor with a knife ... :anyone:

Or throwing stars ... I don't think they are regulated either but you'd have to ask a JBT ... or a lawyer ... :anyone:

I just don't know ... Again ... maybe, just maybe the couple of lawyers that have responded here can help you out. All I know is this is starting to get all Fifty Shades of Redneck1861 up in herrr, so maybe I'm not the best person to be trying to give a serious response anymore ... :rollingla
Rotflmao

Latest posts

Top Bottom