Storms developing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got about .1 in rain after the front went through. Winds went calm.
Went to the deer stand this morning before daylight thinking the deer would feed heavily before the front arrived. The wind came in about just after sunrise like a wall. 10-40+ mph. Gusts up to 52 according to KFOR.
Long story short, was about to release the arrow when one got downwind, snorted and off they went.
One of the big gusts came along when I heard a crack, falling tree sounds and BOOM on the stand. Fortunately another limb and the superstructure of the stand kept the limb off of me. I’ll have to get a chain saw out there to clean up that mess.
2A020498-040B-42BB-9905-F83D91DFAB7D.jpeg

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SlugSlinger, I think a couple of our outdoor chair cushions should be getting close to Tulsa area based on the winds! Grab them if they come flying by please. :) Hope we get some rain instead of just 50 mph winds.
I LOVE your avatar!! My wife thought it was cute, too!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a big fire in Alfalfa county this afternoon, and my neighbor texted me that it was heading towards or maybe already on my place, but it ended up being further west and missing me.
I’m planning a prescribed burn in the spring, and if this fire had gone through my place, it would’ve saved me a lot of work later. :anyone:

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The M69 mosin nagant trainer? I got one of those that I need to pick up from my WA house in a couple of months.

No the older UMC. The 1969's are neat little rifles and pretty accurate. But the UMC is a step above. Single shot and much, longer and heavier barrel. Straight up fixed iron sights only though. Once I figure the hold over 200 yard shots on a Ram aren't that difficult. You do your part and it will do its.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gusts up to 52 according to KFOR.
The computer voice on the emergency broadcast said how fast the gusts were, but I was so distracted by its pronunciation of the number "four" as "for" that I missed it completely. "There are storms for miles south of Lenepah" just doesn't quite mean the same thing as "there are storms four miles south of Lenepah"...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The computer voice on the emergency broadcast said how fast the gusts were, but I was so distracted by its pronunciation of the number "four" as "for" that I missed it completely. "There are storms for miles south of Lenepah" just doesn't quite mean the same thing as "there are storms four miles south of Lenepah"...
Is it still that German accent guy? Our weather radios went off so often that I shut them down. The internet over the phone gives me all we need to hear with alerts from a couple of the weather channels.
I was in Grant County where KFOR recorded 52 mph gusts, and at home, in Osage county they registered 33 max at the same period. The further west, the higher the MPH.

Latest posts

Top Bottom