Stuff your loin!... oh yeah!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I got a heck of a deal on an 8lb pork loin roast.... Free.. the freezer next door went to great farm in the sky and he needed to unload it fast... packed as much as we could into mine but it wasn't enough.... anyway heres whats for dinner.
pork loin sliced length wise and rolled out ( you make two butterfly cuts at about 1/2 inch thick )
1 box of stove top stuffing
kosher salt
granulated garlic
fresh ground black pepper
bacon

roll out your loin
season with salt, pepper and garlic on both sides.
spread on your pre-made stuffing
roll the loin up and tie off if you want too... we don't
drape thick cut bacon over the loin completely cover the top of the loin fat cap. ( I like to add some more black pepper on top of the bacon )
start up your grill/smoker... I use a Weber kettle grill with the charcoal to one side of the grill... whatever you use you will want the heat on one side to let you do indirect cooking.
cook it for about 2 hours @ 375 ( internal temp at 160 )... the last 15 min. make up a glaze and pour it on top of the loin.
I like to toss in a chunk of apple wood when I first put the loin on.

The glaze I use is:
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 TBS Flour
1 TBS dry mustard
1/4 cup of maple syrup
2 TBS of apple cider vinegar.
heat it up on the grill for about 10 min or so to let it thicken up and then pour on top of the pork loin/bacon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom