Stupid ramblings of an insomniac...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just checking in with all me fellow insomniacs. Who's up?
Me! Not a good thing, as I have to be at work in about 6 hours, but here I sit, wide awake. I'm thinking about going and inspecting some brass. I need to get about 800-1000 9mm cases inspected and ready to load. All are clean, but I do close visual inspections and swage them (as needed) in batches before loading. I'm hoping that 30-60 minutes of that will make me sleepy. Fingers crossed.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup. About 3am is my lunch time at work too. Days off suck when your body thinks it's time to be at work.
I remember hootowl shifts. I also remember driving and stopping a traffic light and the next thing I remember I was clear across town with 4 traffic lights I didn't remember going through. Usually, I was OK all shift but when it is predawn and the birds start singing for some reason the tuckereds really attack.

I finally went to bed about 1:30 this morning. Had a dream about burglars and thieves stealing my cars and trucks outside my house.
The problem is, it wasn't my house, wasn't my cars and trucks, and the 2 inch Model 29 I wielded was not my gun. I had them in a green van and I had their keys. I ran inside to get my cell phone to call 911 but when I got back they were gone with the green van, the trucks and cars and all my stuff. The decisions I made during this dream are not like me at all. From the start of this nightmare, I did everything wrong tactically I could have and after they left I realized this and even debated reporting it or not. I couldn't even describe the two guys I had detained. I woke up, took a pee, and was pissed at myself.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As many of you OGs know, for the last 3 or 4 years, I've worked the zombie shift at my job (college campus police) Monday-Friday, 11pm-7am. I like it. The boss is gone, the office folks are all gone, no classes happening and the traffic is nill. I enjoy the weekends off with my family, but there's a problem.

Mrs. GED and my youngest daughter (she still lives with us) work the typical M-F, 9 to 5'er. They usually hit the sack around 10pm every night.

When I'm home on the weekends with them, I usually turn in around 11 or so, but I can't sleep. My body says yes, but my mind says no.

I've tried melatonin, but it gives me wicked dreams. I've tried Benadryl, but it dries my nose out too bad. And whiskey just causes marital problems, so I'm at my wits end!

:scream:
That’s what I like about melatonin.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s what I like about melatonin.
exorcist-turn-around.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom